Mom's Garden [ photos ] | Golden Skate

Mom's Garden [ photos ]

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't normally shoot flowersbecause everyone does and it's not my favorite subject for photography, but it's also so dang fun to play with depth of field when it comes to flowers that sometimes, you just have to!

So here are just a few from my mom's garden...

Alaskan Roses 1 - These are wild growing all over our backyard. When we first moved mom "stole" some of the "baby plants" from a vacant lot. This is what they look like 15 years later :)

Alaskan Roses 2 - Peek-a-boo, I see you! (I seriously have been around babies too long lol)

Red Columbine - My mom has every color of this plant lol

Purple Columbine

Purple Iris - I love this plant, so cool!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They're beautiful, Toni. The colors are so vivid. Great subject for photos, too! :clap:

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
gorgeous flowers!

i am pretty sure the iris is a Siberian iris. One of my favorite plants..I have dutch, and bearded too.

Alsace

On the Ice
I love the roses! They look similar to the miniature roses I grow in my office.

Jhar55

Medalist
There beautiful, one day I hope to have a place to start gardening again not to good at growing flowers in pots.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Toni those are beautiful. My late grandmother loved those pink wild roses...her favorite flower.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Those are pretty pics Tonichelle. I wil remark again about how well i think you do with your "people pics" - You are probably good at portrait as well, but I like the looks you get on the persons in the others posted, even the pug turned out cute.

That is cool use of DOF. Do you know if the Columbines listed have different names. The Light blue columbine - http://www.hwbhost.com/images/coloradocolumbine.jpg - is know as the Colorado Columbine. I wonder if there are names like that for the ones you pictured? Again, nice skills!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I've no real interest in flowers, to be honest lol... they're fun to photograph once in a while, but knowing the different names of the same flowers is not something I get overly excited about. The only reason I know as much as I do is I'm surrounded by flower enthusiasts in my family. I'm totally not into gardening... girlie I am not... lol