Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quotes

Hybrid View

Quotes

Favorites, funny, insightful, etc... whether you know who said it or not. And if someone is wrong about the first person to say it - who cares it doesn't matter as much as what is shared. I hope this is fun and inspirational.

The first one says allot about why I like FS. 'Cause it always does and allot!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
    I remember George Carlin saying this back in the 80s but I don't know that he was the first. There is a old email recirculating with his routine in it where he closes with that quote. This newest one I have seen has a number of edits of his "language" so it is "safe." - like that matters but some just don't like that "brand" of language.

pdf- http://www.zshare.net/download/gc-vi...aging-pdf.html

[CENTER]"I wouldn't want to belong to the kind of club that would have a guy like me for a member."

That was originally said by Groucho Marx, although Woody Allen repeated it in "Annie Hall."[/CENTER]

The truth will set you free. But first, it will p*** you off. Gloria Steinem

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    I've always been partial to:

"It's all the same ******n' day, man"

Janis Joplin said this in a monologue in one of her songs, I believe it was either "Down on Me" or "Ball and Chain"; I'd verify only it is WAY too early in the day right now to be playing Janis Joplin....

Kurt Browning's Dad was quoted at the 92 Olympics as telling Kurt: "Be careful, when they make the ice they make it slippery-side up."

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    Kurt Browning's Dad was quoted at the 92 Olympics as telling Kurt: "Be careful, when they make the ice they make it slippery-side up."
    Thanks Toni... I always thought the whole ice is slippery thing came from Danny Kwan's remarks post '02 games...

Here's my favorite quote:

"take care of the luxuries & the necessities will take care of themselves" dorothy parker... (whom in my more arrogant moments, I'm convinced I was in a former life... ahh... the pleasure of previous life egoism...!!)

[CENTER]"Radio is the theatre of the mind.
    Television is the theatre of the mindless."

-Writer/Producer Hal Kanter.
    [/CENTER]

Banned
    My current favorite, curtesy of the TV show "Two and a Half Men." I believe it was the character Charlie who said, "Love isn't blind. It's [color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color]." Perfect.

To good to only share once -

"A kiss may not be the truth, but it is what we wish were true." - Steve Martin

A couple from Morisey -

"It's so easy to laugh it's so easy to hate, It takes strength to be gentle and kind."

"There's always some with a big nose who knows."

"A pedestal like any small space is also a prison" Gloria Steinem

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Here are some great quotes from Kurt:

**I hate the ice. I can hardly wait to skate tomorrow. ~~ Stars On Ice program

**Scott, you've taught me everything I know.....about Chew and Show. No, seriously, you are the best putter within 8 feet of the hole I've ever seen. And, that six thousand dollars I owe you on the golf course? After tonight, we're eeeven.... I love you man!...I can't talk. ~~ Welcome Back Scott

**"I've always said one of the greatest gifts I ever got from skating is never having to decide what I was going to be when I grew up. Now I've changed that to, 'The best thing is that I've never had to grow up.

The first thing I'm going to do is try not to fall off that podium up there.

"I should have studied before the short program!" Kurt leafing through a copy of "Forcing the Edge" during a 1994 Dini Petty Show interview

This is the worst sight a skater can see--the ceiling of the arena...The first thing that happens when you fall is you hear that collective 'awww!' from the audience. I hate that sound!" (Kurt hosting a 1994 segment on falling)

"Scooter is such a hero of mine, I don't even mind losing my hair!" (another quote from Kurt's "Back On The Ice" version of "Here I Am")

There are lots more of course!!!

"You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose." - ?

Acutely very poignant.

Shoe Diva
    "they say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself" - andy warhol

"when you win you win but when you lose, that sucks." my 9 year old son after a really bad soccer game... (and I mean really bad...)

"If blondes really do have more fun, than Brunettes must be miserable" - Mandy from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast