Quotes | Golden Skate

Quotes

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Favorites, funny, insightful, etc... whether you know who said it or not. And if someone is wrong about the first person to say it - who cares it doesn't matter as much as what is shared. I hope this is fun and inspirational.

The first one says allot about why I like FS. 'Cause it always does and allot!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
I remember George Carlin saying this back in the 80s but I don't know that he was the first. There is a old email recirculating with his routine in it where he closes with that quote. This newest one I have seen has a number of edits of his "language" so it is "safe." - like that matters but some just don't like that "brand" of language.

pdf- http://www.zshare.net/download/gc-views-on-aging-pdf.html

IDLERACER

Medalist
"I wouldn't want to belong to the kind of club that would have a guy like me for a member."

That was originally said by Groucho Marx, although Woody Allen repeated it in "Annie Hall."

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
The truth will set you free. But first, it will p*** you off. Gloria Steinem:bow: :bow: :bow:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I've always been partial to:

"It's all the same ******n' day, man"

Janis Joplin said this in a monologue in one of her songs, I believe it was either "Down on Me" or "Ball and Chain"; I'd verify only it is WAY too early in the day right now to be playing Janis Joplin.... :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kurt Browning's Dad was quoted at the 92 Olympics as telling Kurt: "Be careful, when they make the ice they make it slippery-side up."

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
Kurt Browning's Dad was quoted at the 92 Olympics as telling Kurt: "Be careful, when they make the ice they make it slippery-side up."

Thanks Toni... I always thought the whole ice is slippery thing came from Danny Kwan's remarks post '02 games...

Here's my favorite quote:

"take care of the luxuries & the necessities will take care of themselves" dorothy parker... :bow: :bow: (whom in my more arrogant moments, I'm convinced I was in a former life... ahh... the pleasure of previous life egoism...!!)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

I used that quote as my senior quote... and I still try to live by it, but it's hard... I'm definitely not that type of person lol

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Well, on the skating quote side, I've always liked "You don't know how pleased I was with this short program because you have no idea how bad it could have been." This was said by Tiffany Chin, at the 86 Nationals, after she'd spent the entire off-season getting "body realignment" or whatever it was that IMO truly screwed up her career. For some reason, I find that this quote can apply to a lot of things in life that turn out much better than expected.....

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

That also happens to be a bumper sticker that the Developmentally Disabled Center came out with in 1999 when I first did some work with them, funny I didn't think I came up with it, but as soon as I told a few there, suddenly they had them printed up in a couple of months.

That is one to live by IMO! Thanks Tonichelle!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
BTW, I guess I should leave a quote.....

"The God I believe in isn't short of cash mister." - Bono

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Here are two more...

"do or do not... there is no try" yoda... this is my personal life motto ~ because I believe that life is too short to make excuses for the things you didn't do because you didn't want to do 'em... either I call or I don't... I never tried to call...

and...

"be who you are & say what you feel... those who mind don't matter & those that matter, don't mind" dr. seuss... advice you can never go wrong with, espcially if you post in figure skating boards...:laugh:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Kwanford Wife said:
Here are two more...

"do or do not... there is no try" yoda.

See, now, apparently Yoda should have had more of an input into how CoP works, because you can TRY to DO a complete quad but as long as you TRY to get the rotations in, you can still get partial credit.......:laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
JonnyCoop said:
See, now, apparently Yoda should have had more of an input into how CoP works, because you can TRY to do a complete quad but as long as you TRY to get the rotations in, you can still get partial credit.......:laugh: :laugh:

:rofl: Classic!!! :rofl:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
"Who's the more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?" - Obi-Wan Kenobi, Star Wars

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Television and film demand that people at all levels have brass balls or brass ovaries. Unfortunately, we live in the reign of the eunuch..................
Rita Mae Brown

IDLERACER

Medalist
"Radio is the theatre of the mind.
Television is the theatre of the mindless."

-Writer/Producer Hal Kanter.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
My current favorite, curtesy of the TV show "Two and a Half Men." I believe it was the character Charlie who said, "Love isn't blind. It's retarded." Perfect.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
To good to only share once -

"A kiss may not be the truth, but it is what we wish were true." - Steve Martin

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
A couple from Morisey -

"It's so easy to laugh it's so easy to hate, It takes strength to be gentle and kind."

"There's always some with a big nose who knows."

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
"A pedestal like any small space is also a prison" Gloria Steinem
:bow: :bow: :bow: