Cute Article! | Golden Skate

Cute Article!

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Interesting article. I love finding out what products they use and such. Michelle and Sasha both like Reese Witherspoon's style, so that's something else they have in common. :p

They all look stylish!

Yeah, I'll have to start paying more attention to Reece Witherspoon. :)

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
MKFSfan said:
Johnny makes me laugh! I gotta see the pictures of him in a dress!!!

I wonder what the heart attack total was in the USFSA front offices after THAT little blurb was read? :laugh: :laugh: Chanel, eh? Seems rather understated for our Johnny boy; I'd think he'd be more Versace or, in a REALLY wild mood, Vivienne Westwood......

Johnny is the best thing that has happened to U.S. figure skating in ages. USFS should be promoting him like hotcakes. He's here, he's Weir, deal with it!

R

riverflows

I totally agree, Mathman. I would not watch US Men's Single skaters if it weren't for Johnny Weir.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Johnny is the best thing that has happened to U.S. figure skating in ages. USFS should be promoting him like hotcakes. He's here, he's Weir, deal with it!

As long as that ultra-conservative, snobbish, cliquish, bite-off-their-own-nose-to-spite-their-face "old guard" is in the building? Yeah, right.....

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
JonnyCoop said:
As long as that ultra-conservative, snobbish, cliquish, bite-off-their-own-nose-to-spite-their-face "old guard" is in the building? Yeah, right.....

:yes: Espcially when you take in the overall assumption about US Men's skating... the USFSA doesn't do itself any favors by rejecting His Royal Highness Johnny... whatta waste of great pr for the sport!!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Kwanford Wife said:
Michelle is such a diva... You gotta respect a woman with a shoe fetish...:bow:

I don't know how much I respect Mariah Carey or Melba Marcos, but I don't hold it against MK.:cool:

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Originally Posted by Mathman

Originally Posted by JonnyCoop

I sometimes wonder if there is more publicity generated by the "free-spirit Weir" vs. "ultra conservative old guard" conflict than there would be if USFS tried to promote Weir as it does with other athletes.

attyfan said:
I sometimes wonder if there is more publicity generated by the "free-spirit Weir" vs. "ultra conservative old guard" conflict than there would be if USFS tried to promote Weir as it does with other athletes.
:yes: That's the best conspiracy theory yet! USFS sat down with Johnny and said, OK, you go out there and act as flamboyant as you can, and we'll pretend to recoil in horror -- maybe we'll both get our names in the paper.

BTW, how about slugging Evan Lysacek at Nationals in January? :laugh:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
SeaniBu said:
I don't know how much I respect Mariah Carey or Melba Marcos, but I don't hold it against MK.:cool:

:laugh: :laugh:

Mariah doesn't count because she has 200 pairs that look the same & Imelda didn't necessarily have a true shoe fetish, but too much money & time on her hands...

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
attyfan said:

You may have a point, but I personally wouldn't give the USFSA credit for having enough brains to come up with that kind of back-door publicity. Furthermore, it's not like Weir is the first skater who's come along who's just had them shocked! just shocked!:eek: for whatever reason.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I don't know if the Weir/USFS "war" was a deliberate conspiracy, but I was just trying to compare what publicity Weir might get if he was "promoted" as other skaters are, as opposed to what publicity he is getting currently. That the USFS isn't bright enough to think this out (I agree with JonnyCoop on that) doesn't mean that the USFS's "strategy" to try to bring Weir into line didn't turn out to be better publicity (at least for Weir) than he would have gotten otherwise.

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Kwanford Wife said:
:laugh: :laugh:

Mariah doesn't count because she has 200 pairs that look the same & Imelda didn't necessarily have a true shoe fetish, but too much money & time on her hands...

Doesn't count? How does one have that authority?:laugh: A shoe fetish is a shoe fetish anyway you look at it. Everyone has a vice. I also heard that Mariah has over a 1000 pairs on a special with Babs W.

Imelda, thanks for getting the right name, I wondered, but acutely got hits on Melba Marcos.:laugh: :unsure: Got to love the net sometimes.:cool: I thought "it can't be "toast" but alas It came up and I knew some would know who I was referring to. I am surprised Jemma didn't correct me?