Why no women in the Tour de France? | Golden Skate

Why no women in the Tour de France?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
WHY?:scratch:

Not even a women's division. ?:frown:

As a cyclist...well I was riding modified "10 speeds" in the late 80s and still enjoy the ride in the hills on the MB...I notice that there are a large number of women riding in this "neck of the woods."

Anyway, any thoughts on this.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Seems to me that there IS a Women's Tour de France, or at any rate WAS, at one point, it just doesn't/didn't get near the publicity. I think that Jeannie Longo, one of the great women's cyclists of all time (and by all accounts one of female athletics' all time biggest ******s), won it a few times, which is how I think I heard of it.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
That is interesting. I have even heard of women's cycling events all over Europe, but somehow I never hear of that. :sheesh:
I guess all it took is a Google seach, so I guess the real question is how is the so little talk / interest in the women's trek.:eek:hwell:
BTW - Womens Tour de France was, June 27-July 1, 2006
For as much as I would inadvertently hear about the Men....
Thanks JonnyCoop.

Last edited:

Wolfgang

On the Ice
Perhaps it's like NASCAR.
People watch NASCAR (and other so-called 'motor sports') to see fiery crashes.
Perhaps they like to see a bunch of guys permanently damage their perineal regions, whereas women would just be riding bicycles.....

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Wolfgang said:
Perhaps it's like NASCAR.
People watch NASCAR (and other so-called 'motor sports') to see fiery crashes.
Perhaps they like to see a bunch of guys permanently damage their perineal regions, whereas women would just be riding bicycles.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've been trying to watch the Tour... but without Lance, its just guys racing around France... ho hum