Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Name that Actor

Name that Actor

[SIZE="2"]I think I better try and come up with more fun stuff 'cause I am a little annoying sometimes to be sure.....I hope this makes it more worth it to keep me around.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Come up with at least 2 facts, one movie or TV show and a quote or more from an Actor and see if others can guess it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]As far as I know the term Actor pertains to both Female and Males, I believe it was introduced by the Academy Awards to have two different categories for men and women. So Girl or Guy Actors are both included. [/SIZE]

Please come back and answer.

I know I am preaching to the choir when it comes to guessing and looking it up - so I wont bother saying anything. OOPs I guess I did.

EXPL.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaniBu
    2006 Most Saturday Night Live Hosts appearances. 14

He was listed as #50 in People Magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People" List (2003)

Was a magician at Disneyland.

His first feature film appearance was in the musical Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

quote (s) - "I believe entertainment can aspire to be art and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

"A kiss may not be the truth, but it is what we wish were true."
    Jeesh Seanibu, how easy do you have to make it?! Steve Martin

[CENTER][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="4"]This well known character actor was probably the only guy in history to be a semi-regular character on two different television programs on two different networks simultaneously, for a period of two years. 1961-1963 were the years that the two shows overlapped. One was on ABC and the other on CBS. Both shows are so popular, that they have been rerunning perpetually for the last 45 years. If I gave you any more hints, it would be too easy.[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Idle, I am going to guess Bill Bixby. I don't think I am right though - that is not easy based on the info. And I wasn't born yet

[CENTER][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Navy"]Whether or not your were born when they initially aired makes no difference. Both sitcoms have been in perpetual reruns ever since. I'll give you another hint. The guy was bald.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Caroll O'Conner?

My DOB was in the thought that I just didn't associate the years with the shows.

[CENTER][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Bill Bixby and Carroll O'Connor were not regulars on any sitcom during those two years. When they were in sitcoms, they were leading men, not character actors.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Thought that might have been a start for those two.

Next guess I am going with Mel, which I never knew started in those years even though I always loved the show.

Richard Deacon?

BTW, thanks for making it so tough.
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 07-13-2006 at 02:40 AM.

Were you talking about Steve Martin?

[CENTER]
    Richard Deacon?
    [FONT="Arial"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]You got it. He played Fred Rutherford on "Leave It To Beaver" (1957-1963) and Mel Cooley on "The Dick Van Dyke Show" (1961-1966). The former was on ABC, the latter on CBS.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Were you talking about Steve Martin?
    The first one I was.

Quote Originally Posted by IDLERACER
    [CENTER][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]You got it. He played Fred Rutherford on "Leave It To Beaver" (1957-1963) and Mel Cooley on "The Dick Van Dyke Show" (1961-1966). The former was on ABC, the latter on CBS.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    NO WAY. I can't believe it. That was fun. Even though I always loved DVD show I never new when it was made - had it in my mind it was late 60s. The way it came to mind was that I looked to see when DVDS was aired and then I realized I saw Mel on Mr Ed before and took a guess. Nice, that was fun even though you didn't give a quote, that might have really given it away - " I don't think that is too funny Rob."

BTW- never would have got the Leave it to Beaver, just never watched it. Some reason I never liked that show LITB.

Well let see if I can come up with some one new.
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 07-13-2006 at 01:37 PM.

[CENTER]
    Nice, that was fun even though you didn't give a quote.
    [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkRed"]The only verbal dialogue he would be famous for is the word "Yick" (and then storming out of the room).[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

"yick" What about, "Allen needs to see you."?

Next
    • Played a pilot of an RB-36

Gave up his personal aspirations of aviation to go to attend Princeton University and earned a degree in architecture.

He later became a pilot and assumed a rank of 2nd Lieutenant and an instructor pilot for B-17s during WW2.

“I always watch Dean Martin's show, ... just to see if he falls down.”

[COLOR="DarkRed"]New Hint -
    "Well, well gee Mr......" And to finish that "Mr. ?" think of ___ ___ and the" fancy glass" Of Fire. ah I gave that away.[/COLOR]
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 07-15-2006 at 01:02 PM.

#13 hint....give away entirely.

Most famous film was "It's _ _____ Life"

Jimmy Stewart?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast