Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Name that Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    Sean by Red Lantern do you mean "Raise the Red Lantern" ...
    Yah, it's been awhile. Thanks for catching that, who knows what people might have gotten with a movie named "Red Lantern." Could be bad / naughty.

Anyone seen Eat Drink Man Woman? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eat_Drink_Man_Woman
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 07-15-2006 at 10:32 PM.

NEW HINTs
    One of the Stanley Kubrick movies the main Actor was in was, "How I learned to _____ ___ ____"

#14 reveiw
    A man moves to Oregon after his wife and daughter are tragically killed.

The main actor stared in 2 Stanley Kubrick films, denied a nomination for best actor for one of the most famous war movie / portrayals of a WW2 personality and was in over 90 films.

A families' embarrassment and reputation drive them to murder and deception - after their deaths they are exposed.

quote - "Why do you remain...?"
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 07-15-2006 at 01:10 PM.

So I don't know if my thread just isn't that interesting or that my last q is too hard?

Well more Hints for Q #14 / 17.

Fits in the area of a Horror Movie even thought there is no blood / gore.

Title has to do with "replacing," but not letting anyone know about it.

Some considered it a detective style movie.

Extinction is Forever 4dogknight's Avatar
    Seanibu: I figured out the answer to your Q #14 / 17 yesterday but I held off answering until I had a question of my own. I'm having a little problem with developing the component parts so if you want to ask another question, please do so and I'll continue to work on mine and post later.

And the film is: The Changling (1980) and starring George C. Scott. This is one of my favorite films and as far as I'm concerned it is not shown on TV often enough.

Who can forget the shot of Melvyn Douglas (or the shade of Melvyn Douglas) climbing the stairs amid the fire and smoke at the end of the film.

Good question - I only guessed from the second set of clues especially "How I learned to -----".

4dk - who will post her question sometime next week.

Quote Originally Posted by 4dogknight

And the film is: The Changeling (1980) and starring George C. Scott. This is one of my favorite films and as far as I'm concerned it is not shown on TV often enough.

It is in my top 20. I saw it in 88 and praise how well it was done, loved the detective aspect (not the first, but a catalyst for other films to be sure. i.e. Ringu).

One of the Stanley Kubrick movies the main Actor was in was, "How I learned to Love the Bomb"

The main actor stared in 2 Stanley Kubrick films (other was "Dr. StrangeLove"), denied a nomination for best actor for one of the most famous war movie / portrayals of a WW2 personality - "Patton"

The guy was such an Icon of film, so many great roles, I was afraid of being to obvious yet I guess this is just for fun, and not a Million dollars or something. I didn't know who else had denied a nomination and thought that might be a give away. I am glad you answered it. Look forward to your "Q"
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 07-16-2006 at 07:59 PM.

NEXT ?

• A Family moves and the 10yo daughter is the only one to discover this is a "Mythological world" that they have stumbled into. Her Parents are changed into animals and she winds up seeking employment in this "world" to find a way to change Mom and Dad back and free them.

Disney was involved by purchasing the film.

Won 35 awards, nominated for 51 world wide.

quote - "It will protect you. It's made from the threads your friends wove together."

"Once you meet someone, you never really forget them. It just takes a while for your memory to come back to you."

?

If you haven't seen this movie, you should - leave behind the preconceptions it is fantastic.

Hints for 21

It is an animated film.

The animals her parents were changed into were pigs / hogs.

more Hints for 21

All the characters she came across were the spirt of an attribute of the earth and human nature.

Some of the Japanese members should know this movie.

#21 answer
    Spirited Away
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245429/
    If you haven't It really is a favor to yourself. Wonderful film! Some have a hard time getting over animation / cartoon, but this one can lift that barrier. In my top 20 for sure!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2