Rachael Flatt & Broadmoor/Liberty Open highlights | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Rachael Flatt & Broadmoor/Liberty Open highlights

Nigel

On the Ice
inloveagain said:
ITA. In fact, Rachael Flatt reminded me of Kimmie Meissner 2 years ago, jumping all the way through her program but still very juniorish.

Well, from the USFSA website, Meissner was born Oct '89, Flatt July 92, and turns 14 later this week. I agree that Meissner's presentation has developed quite a bit in the last couple of years and that her technical levels surpassed her artistry when she was 13 or 14. Give the younger skaters time to develop. Life experiences add so much to their emotional development on and off the ice. As Sylvia posted somewhere else, let's enjoy what these kids are doing right now and just wait and watch. :clap:

I think the Mexico City junior grand prix event is September 14-18.

But guess who will be there, besides our new favorite Rachael? Our old favorite Caroline Zhang! :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Doris, the url for your yousendit link is incomplete. Can you fix it, please? I'd love to see the performance.

MM :)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rachel's FS was good, but from what I've heard her SP was simply superb, and not juniorish at all.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=F142438616D3099C

Mathman, Here's the LP link for Flatt.

If you'd like the SP link, I could send that too.

chuckm, I would not have described Flatt's SP that way. Angsty arm movements, angsty music, a music malfunction, and it was ...welll...Flat.
The little girl daffodil yellow costume didn't help either.
It looked like an attempt for a 13 year old to look not 13. For me, it didn't make it.

Doris - Thanks for the link. Rachel does indeed look juniorish but then that's what she is, but with quite a budding technical prowess. I think she is head and shoulders above most other junior ladies.

However, she needs more of what Caroline Zhang has, and Caroline needs more of what Rachel has.

I hope we hear of their Mexican competition. Any chance of getting the tapes of those?

Joe

That was great! Sure, I would like to see the short program, too. :)

OK, so that sign on the glass partition in the foreground says "Watch out for flying pucks," right?

MM

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Flying Pucks

Yes,indeed. But some enterprising person has attempted to change it to something more X rated. It is quite striking though when a pair does a throw in front of that sign!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
DORISPULASKI said:
It is quite striking though when a pair does a throw in front of that sign!
:laugh: That's pretty funny, not that that was done, childish to make that change, but funny what you said. Yet I would only give it a "R":biggrin:

CDMM1991

Medalist
Is there anybody that would be willing to put the vid on youtube? I'm not on my home computer for a few weeks so I don't want to DL anything.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
CDMM1991 said:
Is there anybody that would be willing to put the vid on youtube? I'm not on my home computer for a few weeks so I don't want to DL anything.
It's up to Doris P. who specifically requested at fsvids that her Liberty vids NOT be uploaded to youtube at this time.

BTW, there are lots of results and reports on Liberty at FSU -- here's the link to page 8 of the Liberty thread
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40610&page=8&pp=15
and you can work your way backwards, if interested. I'm hoping to share some additional comments on Liberty and maybe last month's Broadmoor Open as well.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Subject: Playing .avi files

euterpe,
First I am assuming you have a Windows computer.
Did you install the K-Lite codec pack?

If you did, it should appear in your Programs List (from the Start Button)

Find the KLite Codec pack in the list. Let your cursor dwell over it. The bottom item in the Item list for the Codec pack is mplayerc. Start that program. It's media player classic and will play most files. Drag and drop the Rachel Flatt program onto the player. It will start playing. If you'd like to play bigger, choose the View option from the Toolbar and pick either Full Screen or 200%. To escape full screen mode, hit the Escape key.

Last edited: