Rachael Flatt & Broadmoor/Liberty Open highlights | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Rachael Flatt & Broadmoor/Liberty Open highlights

Nigel

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
Caroline, is a very young skater, and I see no reason why she should hurry up her progress so that she can be called "oh, so young, and winning".
Rachel, on the other hand, has passed her Senior Test so we will be seeing her against Emily, Bebe, Katy, Kimmie, and Sasha if Sasha shows up to defend her crown. So one talented lady is waiting and the other is pushing ahead NOW.
Joe

At, yes...youth.....
Ms Zhang and Ms Flatt are actually quite close in age from the USFSA website.
Zhang's Bday May 93
Flatt's Bday July 92

Let's not make a big deal about how young either skater is...they are 10 months apart in age. It really only mattered for Flatt last year as she was 3 weeks too young to start the JGP series. They are both young and have years to look ahead for what they can bring to their skating! :clap:

Nigel said:
At, yes...youth.....
Ms Zhang and Ms Flatt are actually quite close in age from the USFSA website.
Zhang's Bday May 93
Flatt's Bday July 92

Let's not make a big deal about how young either skater is...they are 10 months apart in age. It really only mattered for Flatt last year as she was 3 weeks too young to start the JGP series. They are both young and have years to look ahead for what they can bring to their skating! :clap:
That's my point, it's no big deal. I'm talking about Rachel's age in a tongue and cheek manner. I got so fed up hearing about Tara and 'the youngest ever'.

I'm talking about one going into Seniors while the other remains in Juniors or didn't you see that? That's the deal - not the ages.

Joe

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Mathman said:
Rachael will compete in the junior grand prix this year, starting with the Mexico City event in September, and hopes to make it to senior nationals in Spokane.

I see e.g. Flatt and Zhang scheduled for Courchevel JGP in August 24-27:

http://www.isufs.org/events/cat00005580.htm

Did watch a couple junior male skater clips and was rather impressed by Mroz and Kanallakan. Also they among lots of others from USA are competing in Courchevel JGP:

http://www.isufs.org/events/cat00005579.htm

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Spun Silver said:
Are you going to that comp, Jaana?

Not possible unfortunately, just eagerly looking forward to clips that possibly will be posted on fsvidsforum...

Last edited:
Oh, fsvids... I've been waiting for the chance to ask someone this question. Would you by any chance be able to tell me how one joins that forum, because I have tried several times and can't seem to get in. I must be missing something.

I would so much appreciate your help!

Nigel

On the Ice
Jaana said:
I see e.g. Flatt and Zhang scheduled for Courchevel JGP in August 24-27:

http://www.isufs.org/events/cat00005580.htm

Did watch a couple junior male skater clips and was rather impressed by Mroz and Kanallakan. Also they among lots of others from USA are competing in Courchevel JGP:

http://www.isufs.org/events/cat00005579.htm

Mroz, Kanallakan and Flatt all train with Tom Zakrajsek in Colorado Springs...good thing for Mroz and Flatt....training at altitude as they are both going to Mexico City, which is at about the same altitude of Colorado Springs, 6400-7000 ft. Anxious to see the ISU list as to what other skaters will be in Mexico City.

CDMM1991

Medalist
I trained at the same time as Mroz at the Mariposa School of Skating, in Barrie a couple of years ago, on different sessions of course. He made it to the "elite session" with Buttle, Mabee and the like, and showed them all up frequently in practices, ripping off triple lutz triple toes and the like. I'd look towards him being a force to be reckoned with in the next few years.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Can someone repost some of Doris' vids from this competition? I missed out when they were first posted.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
CDMM1991 said:
Can someone repost some of Doris' vids from this competition? I missed out when they were first posted.

I just saw that you asked on fsvids for Rachel Flatt & Brandon Mroz. Did you want any of the other skaters? Most of my vids are on my laptop, but Sr Ladies A&B LP and Men's LP are on the computer I'm using right now. Are there any other files from that part of the competition that you'd like?

Doris P

CDMM1991

Medalist
Nope, I'm good Doris! That's all I wanted, I didn't realize the vids were on fsvids, until I visited later this morning. Thanks though, and thanks again for so generously sharing all your vids with us.