Project Runway season 3 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Project Runway season 3

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Loved the challenge and the designs. But I thought the judges were on crack or something (though I do agree with the winner).

First of all, Katherine's design was a hundred times better than Angela's, and significantly better than Vincent's. I do understand that she is not a "top designer" material, but I still thought others should have been out instead. Also, I could not believe that Bradley was in top three over Laura, Kayne and Michael! All of those three had excellent designs to Bradley's very ho-hum one. And I don't know what to make of Keith - he puts out an excellent design, but he refuses to comply with a half of the challenge about designing for the dog. However, if they let Angela get away with not producing a sketch last week, it's only fair that they let Keith get away with it this time.

And - OMG! - that dogs are just TOO CUTE! Especially Laura's doggie, despite the designer's obvious distate for her!

Finally, a note on models competition. I thought it made it more of a competition they way they did it last week, which was also how they had it in season 1, which was that each designer chose a model, starting from the winner. This week they went back to season 2 model, with the winner having an option to switch to the loser's model. IMHO, this process is more random for the models; a bad model with a good-but-not-best designer will go through week after week with better models being eliminated (as Zulema's model went through week after week in seasons 2).

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really enjoyed this episode. It seems like the designers felt more relaxed because of the dogs. I cracked up at Vincent--he was having too much fun!!. I'm glad that Bradley didn't have to go home. His design actually turned out fairly nice, even Vera Wang thought so and NIna did too. A couple of designs that stood out for me were Roberts and Allyson. I think they should have booted both Katherine and Angela. Although Vera Wang said she liked the skirt Angela made, which is probably what saved her AGAIN. I loved Heidi's comments about Angela's design and story.

Dee

Longhornliz

Final Flight
This was one of my favorite episodes out of all the seasons. I'm glad bradley didnt have to go home. His dog looked like toto! Was it a Karin terrier?

I think the right decision was made about who should go home, if the dress is not well constructed or has bad sewing/hem ect... that probably does trump poor taste but strong execution. Which is why they sent malan home. His dress would have turned out better with more time... but his hem was inexcusable.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
All the dogs were so adorable, I could have watched this episode just for them alone.

It does seem that bad execution is a big bugaboo this season with all 3 designers who've been eliminated so far, execution has been one of the complaints, but Santino surely got away with bad execution on a lot of challenges, including the one where the sleeve fell off. Did they change the rules and I missed it?

I suppose execution's what bailed Vincent out this time-he had good execution, although the dress was so simple, how not. Perhaps the hat was well built? And the dog's polka dot outfit was cute. I thought he would be in the bottom 3 again, but he must have just missed it.

I agree with Ptichka that if Angela can get away with not presenting a sketch and being lame so that she wouldn't be chosen for the riskier team leader job, then Keith can get away without a doggie outfit. But I don't like either of their attitudes.

I liked Katherine's dog hoodie! She should start a line of doggie outfits.

Again, if the choice was between Bradley, Angela and Katherine, I would boot Angela. It looks like Angela wants bubble skirts and weird rosettes on everything.

Does anyone have a clue about what the rules are that the designer who's going to be booted might have violated? We've been hearing about this for 3 weeks now.

On the change in the model comp, this version is probably to the designer's advantage, because they should be much better able to build dresses that fit if they are using the same model.

Last edited:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
DORISPULASKI said:
On the change in the model comp, this version is probably to the designer's advantage, because they should be much better able to build dresses that fit if they are using the same model.
Even in season 1, most designers stayed with the same models week after week. However, the weaker models were indeed eliminated in the first few weeks.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone want to venture a guess as to who gets kicked off and why?

Dee

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm wondering whether someone sabotaged somebody else's work? Or punched somebody else?

I have no particular reason for thinking this, other than wondering what would be explicitly part of the competition's rules that you could get kicked out for & it has to be something we haven't seen before because the teaser keeps saying this hasn't happened in previous seasons.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought maybe it could be a 2 day challege and one of the designers is bringing in people to help with the challenge.

Then I thought about drugs.

Then I thought having outside people stay in the apartment.

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Doris, I found an article that says what happened. If you or anyone wants the article, PM me and I will give you the site. Now how true the article is, I don't know.

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Any thoughts on Keith being asked to leave.

Dee

Longhornliz

Final Flight
That is too bad. I think that he for sure needed to go if having those books was strictly against the rules, but he clearly had potential. Maybe he'll be able to get a good job anyway?

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
No sadness here. Laura summed up my feelings about Keith neatly. Goodbye and good riddance to the arrogant SOB. He wasn't even sorry.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Cool show. Absolutely incredible pieces from both Michael and Kayne. But, since, I don't like Kayne's personality, I was especially happy for Michael. And Bradley... well.. he had to go. Vincent was sooooooo lucky to still be in (I thought he piece was far worse than Robert's).

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I loved this show and what inspirational icons. Of course I waited in anticipation of the “Jacqueline” look. Robert really missed that one, how could he do that to my Jackie. In Tim’s Take he wondered if Robert dressed her for a take on the Simple Life.

Poor Bradley, I just don’t think his heart and soul was in it and it showed. I JUST LOVE THIS SHOW. :clap: :clap:

Dee

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I agree Dee... Its so much fun... and I literally whooped when Michael won last night... his whole "pam Mfin' grier" statement w/ that awed look was classic. My husband was totally tickeled by that... because he shares Michael's sentiment...

While Kaine's Marilyn's dress was stunning ~ its hard to get excited by an evening dress made by a pagent dress designer... win, lose or draw he will become uber famous with pagent families simply by being on this show... and that's cool for him ~ but it kinda misses the over-all point of Project Runway.

And WTF is up with Barbie's head designer, Robert, making plain, boring clothes?!? That I simply don't understand... such a shame...

Who are your top three?
Mine are...

Michael
Laura
Cute little blond girl who's name I can't remember...

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kwanford Wife said:
IWho are your top three?
Mine are...

Michael
Laura
Cute little blond girl who's name I can't remember...
KW it's Allison. I am not sure at this time who my top 3 are. I liked Michael ever since he made the dress out of the coffee filters. I think I like Michael's designs the best but the others, I'm not sure. I agree KW, what's going on with Robert. The first dress he did was so cute. Even though I'm probably in the minority here, I l do like Vincent.

Dee

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
KW it's Allison.

Even though I'm probably in the minority here, I l do like Vincent.

Dee

Dee... thanks for Allison's name... I simply could not remember it!!!

as for Vincent... I'm still mad about that hat...

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kwanford Wife said:
Dee... thanks for Allison's name... I simply could not remember it!!!

as for Vincent... I'm still mad about that hat...
I bet you want one just like it. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee