Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway season 3

I think it will be Michael, Robert, Kayne (b.t.w., who names their child with a name that sounds like Cain?)

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptichka
    I think it will be Michael, Robert, Kayne (b.t.w., who names their child with a name that sounds like Cain?)
    Ptichka,

Is the above your gut or spoiler information?? I ask because Robert's clothes have been so off point that I'm wondering if he's this season's number 3 designer... the one that doesn't seem to have the talent, but still does enough to get to Fashion Week ala Santino & Wendy Pepper (whose clothes I absolutely loved...)

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    So who do you think are the underdogs? Here iare my picks:

Jeff
    Vincent
    Robert

Dee

I'm surprised no one has made any comments about Wednesday's show.

Dee

Shoe Diva
    I thought Wednesday was a great episode... Espcially since Michael won again... I'm so sick of Tatoo Neck Boy and Laura... both are so nasty for no real reason...

Since Alison was auf'd ~ I wonder if we'll have an all-male final three or if Uli will become the new top chick? And Angela! I love it when those who seem so out of their depth finally work out their issues and show us how they got on the show... her little jumper thing was so cute...

Now Robert... I'm so over him. He's a Barbie designer!!! I refuse to believe that someone who designs for Barbie is incapable of making a smokin' hot dress outta trash... Heck, I had the best dressed barbie on the block & I made her dresses out of socks, pantyhose and ribbons. He's a disgrace!

So now, my top three are...

Dream
    Michael
    Uli
    Andrea

Practical
    Michael
    Kayne
    Uli

Did you hear that Vincent's model Jai was critically injured after being hit on her bike by a delivery truck? Poor thing has a fractured eye socket and skull... such a shame...

Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife View Post
    So now, my top three are...

Dream
    Michael
    Uli
    Andrea

Practical
    Michael
    Kayne
    Uli

Did you hear that Vincent's model Jai was critically injured after being hit on her bike by a delivery truck? Poor thing has a fractured eye socket and skull... such a shame...
    Yikes!!! about the model.

KW, I had my eye on Michael when he desinged the coffee filter dress. I hope he's in the final 3 too.

This is a hard pick year. For me last year, I thought Daniel stood out above everyone but this year, possibly except for Michael, it seems like everyone is kind of equal in their skills. In spite of what people think about Vincent, his construction skills are super.

I think if Jeff ate some humble pie, he might win a challenge. All of Laura's designs look the same and she does seem kind of mean spirited. The jury is still out on Uli and Angela. I agree with your comments on Robert. What isn't going through his mind.

Dee

Shoe Diva
    So, I rush home yesterday anticipanting PR @ 10 p.m. Yay! They're designing for each other's mothers and sister! Cool concept... and then here comes Jeffrey... being the *** he is to Angela's mom...

What was that about? I'm so confused... He's totally disrespectful to her because he doesn't design for plus-sized women and how dare she not like his color choices?!? Are you kidding me? He made someone's mother cry and NOBODY ripped him a new one... not Angela, not his mom and not Angela's mom...

This is why I've never been cast on a reality show... Mama Kwanford don't play that... she'd cut him. And then I would've cut him. Period. What a shame... And his mom is waxing poetic about how much he's over-come and how he was a drunk and a drug user and she's so proud of him... blah blah blah. Can you say enabler? If my son EVER talks to someone's mom like that ~ I'll cut him. And he knows it... Because my mama raised me right.

And then Vincent wins the competition.. for a dress I saw at JC Penny's this weekend. Robert goes home and Tatoo boy stays.

What is wrong with the world?!? tisk tisk tisk...

Custom Title
    And then Vincent wins the competition.. for a dress I saw at JC Penny's this weekend. Robert goes home and Tatoo boy stays.
    Three words - ULI WAS ROBBED!!!!!

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by hrmsk8ngnutt View Post

Herm (sk8ngnutt)
    absolutely! tim's blog reflects the same opinion... uli made it do more than make it work... she rocked... but keep this in mind - the winner has never really won challeneges...

Quote Originally Posted by hrmsk8ngnutt View Post
    ITA!

Michael's dress was cool as well, but his model was not overweight like Uli's, so it wasn't as much of a challenge. Uli did a perfect job, yet they gave the win to that boring dress Vincent did. Overall, it seems like I'm disagreeing with more of the judges' decisions this season then in previous ones...

So, I rush home yesterday anticipanting PR @ 10 p.m. Yay! They're designing for each other's mothers and sister! Cool concept... and then here comes Jeffrey... being the *** he is to Angela's mom.
    You know what KW, Angela's mom got sooooooooo on my nerves!! Yet I agree with you that he should not have been disrespectful to her.

I actually liked Vincent's dress. Vincent does have the right attitude......it's not just fitting clothes on someone who has a 25 inch waist.

Uli's Design

Vincent's Design

I think Vincent's design slimmed Uli's mom down to almost thin. The V neck draws your eyes from her middle. Uli's design is nice but it doesn't do anything flattery wise. Just my opinion. I was happy to see Vincent win the challenge, I don't think he's going to last long though. I liked Michael's design alot too.

I think this was a great challenge---it separated the good designers from the OK designers. I knew when Laura got a challenge out of her comfort zone what would happen. Robert & Jeff just couldn't do it.

Dee

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I think this was a great challenge---it separated the good designers from the OK designers. I knew when Laura got a challenge out of her comfort zone what would happen. Robert & Jeff just couldn't do it.

Dee
    Is that why Vincent won? Because his dress, while identical to the dress at JC Penny's, actually did something positive to her shape? If so, then that makes sense... And I will agree about Robert... I just always assumed that if he could dress Barbie he could dress anybody... oh well. I will miss him.

Jeffery... I still say he shoulda been cut... and not by the judges... by Angela. That was so far out there... (is it possible to be such a non-violent type as me and yet be angry that someone didn't get cut? I shall have to ponder that...)

Custom Title
    I agree that Uli did a good job = I am =shall I say (not petite) and I would wear something like that. As for Vincent's dress I thought it was boring. My pick to win is = Michael, there hasn't been one outfit that he's made that hasn't been good

Ballroom Baby
    Vincent's dress...it was fine, but 'slimmed her down'? Uli's Mom was hardly obese. Or even particularly pudgy.

I liked Uli's, and I rather liked Kayne's, too (the fabric was pretty.) Possibly because they also had really positive attitudes about designing for someone not a twig, as did, to my surprise, Vincent. And as opposed to Jeffery. I so seriously would have auf'd him for his attitude alone. Designers design for clients. Angela's mom was his client. She's not a size zero, she's Angela's mother, but she was his client and he should not have been so freakin' high-handed. Though, yeah, Robert's design was BORRRRRRING.

Champion Skater (Vicariously)
    I was so frustrated with this weeks show, I got kinda emotional when tatoo jerk was being so rude to angela's mom. I kept thinking how sad I would be if someone was rude to my mother and it broke my heart.

Vincents dress was out of control... that no one mentioned the freakish collar surprised me. The silloute was flattering though. Uli's ensemble was awesome! I love how she uses pattern, out of all of the designers I think she has the strongest perspective. You know its uli's when it comes down the runway.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast