Project Runway season 3 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Project Runway season 3

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Dee, I'm sure you're right about the designers forgetting they're on TV. Robert said as much in his extended exit interview on the bravotv.com site. Remember, they even recorded Angela and her mom in the bathroom (where Angela is coaching her mom without being too explicit to BLAST Jeffrey if she feels like it). I would have thought the production staff wouldn't have stooped to recording people in the bathroom.

Also, some of the outakes are on the site-(play Robert's exit interview and/or any of the other exit interviews. Look at the list over the other vids you can pick, and you'll see the web path. Click on Season3 and all kinds of extra stuff is under there.

If you watch the Jeffrey/Darlene stuff over, be careful to listen to just what Jeffrey said, ignoring the dramafest reaction from Angela's mother. It was cold and not pleasant, but it wasn't crazy out of line, considering that when half the time had gone (and it was a 24 hour challenge) she had gotten critical with Tim without Jeffrey there, telling Tim the colors were all wrong,etc etc when she had told Jeffrey she liked purple. Jeffrey felt she was sabotaging him deliberately (whether he was right or wrong about it, who can say. )

But he could for example have called her something insulting and he actually didn't. Nor did he use profanity at her. He said (roughly), This is the dress I'm making you, and I hope you'll like it. I'll make it to the best of my ability, and if you don't like it, I'm sorry, and I hope the judges will like it better than you do. Then Darlene says something like" It's not what I expected, Why are you treating me like this?" Jeffrey says something like "How am I treating you? There's a couple more inconsequential remarks and Darlene gets all teary eyed. Jeffrey definitely showed rude behavior (and not the first time), but it wasn't as far out as all that. I went back to listen to all the extra stuff, figuring that this overreaction would make more sense if I heard all of it, but if there was worse, it wasn't in the program or on the website. And since they did not appear to be trying to whitewash Jeffrey on the show, if they had him behaving worse than they showed, they would have showed it. They go for the drama, after all.

I don't get the desire to literally murder or punch Jeffrey over this, or even to behave like a watering can over it.

Last edited:

evenstar

Final Flight
I've only watched a few Project Runways, but I have to say this: I absolutely loathe Vincent! His Twiggy outfit was AWFUL!:disapp: That said I loved Kayne's Marilyn Monroe outfit and Michael's pink outfit!:clap:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well Jeff finally won a challenge. He is so grateful, he said I should have won other challenges. Brat!!! :cool:

Dee

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Well, did you read/hear his comment on how this is proof God is alive and that God isn't drunk like He was when Jeff got Angela's mother? Oy.

Honestly, I kind of feel mixed. Angela's outfit was a little rumply and not the best up there, but not particularly bad, and Kayne's was OTT but showed some effort. Uli was also treated a little harshly, but I do think she needed the warning that she could go the way of Austin Scarlet--break out of your mold or else. (Though on the 'what I'd buy/wear', it's easily a toss-up between hers and Laura's. I could totally have either of those in my closet. And Laura should get 100 bonus points for making something that was chic, comfortable, AND comfortable for someone making a plane flight while pregnant!)

Vincent must be paying someone off because he should have been GONE for that non-clothing. That looked like something *I* could make--the neckline wasn't even cut evenly! At least Angela and Kayne made an effort to make actual CLOTHES. That outfit would have lost in a county-fair sewing contest.

heyang

Record Breaker
Even if I liked Jeffrey's clothing (which I loathe), I would want him ousted for being so obnoxious. He might not like Angela or her mother, but there's no call for such rudeness. He's not so great that he can turn away customers that he might not like, either.

Love Micheal's stuff and he always puts a lot of thought into it and is willing to change things when possible. I think he should have won last night. I can understand why Jeffrey's won [since it fit his 'story'], but I think there are fewer people who would want to wear his outfit vs the other men's outfits (except maybe Kayne's).

Uli does do the same thing always. I think the judges want her to do something different while perhaps being a only a 'touch' of Uli. While her dress looked comfy, I think I would have preferred it shorter for a jetsetter - it's hard to juggle a skirt and other baggage - just going up or down stairs would neccessitate holding up the skirt.

I think if Angela had excluded the rosettes and chosen better fabrics, she might have survived the round. Her outfit would have passed muster in the Hamptons if not for the Angela details and material.

Laura is so classic. I just wish the dress had been in a bolder color.

Kayne's would have been ok if he just had the pattern on the sleeve. Having it on the back was too flamboyant.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Very glad Vincent is gone. Good riddance. I honestly didn't get Jeffrey's dress; personally I would have given it to Uli.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I honestly didn't get Jeffrey's dress; personally I would have given it to Uli.
I have to agree with you. I thought Jeffrey's dress looked like a 3M ScotchTape holder.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sad Vincent is gone......I would like to have seen him make it a little further. I liked his dress on the Paris model better. Uli and Laura create the same thing over and over but in different colors.

Dee

heyang

Record Breaker
Uli's dress was definitely 'her' without the 'Miami', which is what the judges have been asking of her. I could have given her the win because it was a great dress and I thought the braiding was beautiful.

Jeffrey's was probably the only dress that I can't imagine anyone wearing and he won? It was different for him, though.

Unfortunately, Michael didn't have enough time to change his dress. He usually does manage to change from his original sketch, but I think all the handstitching robbed him of the chance to step back and look at the dress. I think all the ruching made the dress harder to fit, which took longer. However, it was a beautiful dress, especially after folding down the 'bunny ears'.

I thought Kayne's dress was lovely. Perhaps the judges would have thought it was less over the top if the upper part of the dress had been a duller gold metallic.

Laura' so classic, but the dress was so 'French maid'.

I also thought that Vincent's dress wasn't particularly different, but the skirt section was well done. I think they let him go as a cumulative result over the last several weeks.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Uli's dress was definitely 'her' without the 'Miami', which is what the judges have been asking of her. I could have given her the win because it was a great dress and I thought the braiding was beautiful.

Jeffrey's was probably the only dress that I can't imagine anyone wearing and he won? It was different for him, though.

Unfortunately, Michael didn't have enough time to change his dress. He usually does manage to change from his original sketch, but I think all the handstitching robbed him of the chance to step back and look at the dress. I think all the ruching made the dress harder to fit, which took longer. However, it was a beautiful dress, especially after folding down the 'bunny ears'.

I thought Kayne's dress was lovely. Perhaps the judges would have thought it was less over the top if the upper part of the dress had been a duller gold metallic.

Laura' so classic, but the dress was so 'French maid'.

I also thought that Vincent's dress wasn't particularly different, but the skirt section was well done. I think they let him go as a cumulative result over the last several weeks.
Heyang, I think they let Vincent go because of the glue. :laugh: :laugh: I also think they gave the win to Jeffery because of the plaid. Matching material like that is a bear. 1/8th of an inch off and it's noticeable.

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone want to venture a guess who's going tonight. I think it's either Kayne or Laura, just please don't let it be Michael. I think the pregnancy is getting to Laura.

I'm not ever going to watch the previews again. I think about it all week. The hints were 2 people, and when Tim is talking to Laura she mentioned designing for the Olson twins. What does that mean?? :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
The rumor mill has it being a challenge focused on the Olsens, but this same mill had Vincent as the third place finisher, so I'd take that with a grain of salt...

I do believe Kayne will go with Laura being the beard for fashion week... since project runway designers show friday @ 9 a.m., the spoilers will be available that afternoon, but have been relatively thin this season... not sure why that is unless Bravo is just better at keeping the spies in check than say the Amazing Race ~ where you can figure out who won by the second episode if you're bored at work and need to appear to be working when you're not.... How did people occupy their time at work before the internet??? Ahhh... its so good being a Gen Xer somedays...

ok. enough make it work. its time to work... :laugh:

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Okay....first, YAY! Then...boo.

I'm glad Laura won and thought she got major brownie points for going outside her comfort zone (which Uli did not. Maybe Uli is the decoy? Because she STILL hasn't done anything but the same-old dress. The judge who liked it was the guest, who hadn't seen the same design over and over and over again.)

Meanwhile, boo. I wanted Jeffrey to go home.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I am happy for Laura, but I liked Michael's overall look better. As for Jeffrey vs. Kayne - if only Kayne used any white, he would have stayed I think; using white just for trim was rather ridiculous. I agree about Uli, but at no point did I think her outfit was the worst one ther.

ranjake

Final Flight
also thought jeffrey should have left. i'll miss kayne! michael is amazing to me...and i love laura as well. i think uli is talented; but limited...

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought Michael should have won the challenge. Fitting that top on someone and making it look wonderful is difficult. Laura's dress was the basic dress pattern, although very nice. I loved the twist of bringing the 2 back, it was a good one.

Kwanford Wife said:
where you can figure out who won by the second episode if you're bored at work and need to appear to be working when you're not.... How did people occupy their time at work before the internet??? Ahhh... its so good being a Gen Xer somedays...

ok. enough make it work. its time to work...

Isn't that the truth. I love the internet. If it weren't for the internet, how would I have ever met you, KW???

Dee

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I thought Michael should have won the challenge. Fitting that top on someone and making it look wonderful is difficult. Laura's dress was the basic dress pattern, although very nice. I loved the twist of bringing the 2 back, it was a good one.

Isn't that the truth. I love the internet. If it weren't for the internet, how would I have ever met you, KW???

Dee

Awww.... that's so sweet!!! "can you feel the love tonight..."

Dee, I agree, I loved the twist... if you five are that darn great, then it shouldn't be an issue with Angela & Vincent returning...

I decided to give Laura the benefit of the doubt with her nastyness towards Angela over who deserves to be there and who doesn't ~ cause the Lord only knows how mean I was during my pregnancy... (of course I was knocked up during the 96-97 season, hence my extreme dislike of Tara Lipinski... hormones are a killer...)

I love Michael so very much, but was glad that Laura won... that dress was totally wearable, different and cocktail partish... perfect. :bow:

Do you think Kayne was paid off by Bravo to throw the challenge? Did he not see everyone buying white fabric? Does he only hear 50%? :banging:

Kayne is at the top of my list today because now I have to listen to Jeffery whine for another week... He's the type of person you want to answer the customer service line when your account is messed up, the product you purchased doesn't work and the person you talked to previously was rude & hung up on you... :yes:

One funny thing I read earlier was someone wishing Jefferey makes it to the top three and gets all arrogant thinking he's gonna win and then slinking away when it doesn't happen.... ala Erika on Big Brother... that made me giggle:rock:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
One funny thing I read earlier was someone wishing Jefferey makes it to the top three and gets all arrogant thinking he's gonna win and then slinking away when it doesn't happen.... ala Erika on Big Brother... that made me giggle:rock:
KW, they have some of the fashions posted from Project Runway Olympus Fashion week and I think I know who's in fashion week. If I really have to be honest, I think Jeffery is very good. I don't like his nastiness and rudness either but I guess he has to do that. I am really going to chew on a few nails if Michael isn't in fashion week. I think he is the only one of the designers who has been the most versatile. Even his couture dress was special even though as he said wasn't the best.

Dee

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Actually, I believe all 4 of them are there - the 4th person does a "decoy" collection so that little nosy Dee's can't spoil things before it's time ;)

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
You're right... Jeffery is good... he's just such an a** that it takes away from his talent... I wouldn't be surprised if any of the final four won... but for the record, I'll be SHOCKED if Michael wins... he is so very popular and talented but based on the show's history, it is NEVER the obvious choice and generally the "oh, yeah... their clothes are good..." person. Let's hope I am wrong...

Where did you find the photos?