Project Runway season 3 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Project Runway season 3

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Actually, I believe all 4 of them are there - the 4th person does a "decoy" collection so that little nosy Dee's can't spoil things before it's time ;)

Ptichka, :laugh: :laugh: :clap: :clap:

Dee

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Fashion Week Pics From Getty Images

OK folks, here's a link to a first look at pictures from the PR show at Fashion Week:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/so...ect+runway|2233391784121335|0|0|0|0&p=7&tag=2

Some interesting things to note:
  • Nazri is modeling for Uli, but Camilla is still modeling for Laura. Couldn't find Lindsey or Marilinda. This means that there is probably some model switch-up before the final challenge. IIRC, I saw Heidi holding the velvet bag on the runway in the previews for next week's episode.
  • Uli has some solids in her collection
  • Jeffrey's collection doesn't look all rock-n-roll/punk (but he definitely looks punk)
  • Laura is in a baby doll maternity dress
  • I haven't counted, but if there are pictures of all the items in each collection, it appears that Laura's collection does NOT have a bathing suit - could she be the decoy?
I have to say that this is the best set of final 4 collections - any one of them could win. (Of course, just MOHO). And, of course, the finale will be dragged out so we won't even see it on Bravo for about 3 weeks :eek:hwell:

Later, I will post an interview with Vincent from the Entertainment Weekly website. All I will say is that he comes off as an arrogant, delusion a**hole.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Last edited:

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
EW Interview with Vincent

OK, folks - here's the Entertainment Weekly interview with Vincent:

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1532414_3_0_,00.html

He claims that everyone else was an 'amateur' and that he did NOT cash out his 401K to go on the show. :rofl:

FYI - EW posts an interview with the auf'ed designer on Thursdays. Additionally, Nick from Season 2 posts his take on the show on the People Magazine website on Thursdays.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Herm for posting that. Can you tell me why these designers dress so down.........meaning Michael in jeans and sneakers, Jeffery in his early halloween costume. Last year, the gal who won wore jeans too. I don't understand that. Daniel was the only one who dressed like a professional.

Dee

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Thanks Herm for posting that. Can you tell me why these designers dress so down.........meaning Michael in jeans and sneakers, Jeffery in his early halloween costume. Last year, the gal who won wore jeans too. I don't understand that. Daniel was the only one who dressed like a professional.

Dee
I think it's probably because if it's anything like last season's final, the designers were working until 4 in the morning, then had to be at Bryant Park by 5:30 AM. Chloe admitted she was tired by the time for her show. The runway show was really early (before 10 AM, I think). Of course, it shouldn't really be an excuse. Then again, Laura would NEVER show up to anything unless she looked 'FAAABULOUSLY GLAMOUROUS'.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Thanks for the interview link! Boy, Vincent is one arrongant SOB!

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, folks - here's the Entertainment Weekly interview with Vincent:

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1532414_3_0_,00.html

He claims that everyone else was an 'amateur' and that he did NOT cash out his 401K to go on the show. :rofl:

FYI - EW posts an interview with the auf'ed designer on Thursdays. Additionally, Nick from Season 2 posts his take on the show on the People Magazine website on Thursdays.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)
Herm, I just had a chance to read the interview. I found it quite interesting. I think Vincent has problems with reality. :laugh: :laugh: I found this quote quite interesting.
Actually, I do. Tim has been bad-mouthing me ever since the show started because I didn't choose to bow down to Tim. If he gave me great constructive advice, I would thank him, but if he tried other things, I would dismiss him. In a nice way, not a harmful way. He did not like that. So he in turn is digging a nice hole for himself for putting me down all the time. He's supposed to be dean of a design school. You don't speak about people that way.
I can see that happening but it seems like Vincent didn't hear what Tim was saying either. It could have been a mutual dislike but Tim was there to critique and that's what Tim did, whether it was biased or not. I don't think 1/2 of the people listen to Tim, like Uli makes the same dress over and over, just in different colors as does Jeffery. The only person who takes the critique well is Michael and will change the design based on what Tim says.

Dee

heyang

Record Breaker
My coworker's daughters got to go to this year's Project Runway show at Bryant Park. One of her friends works at a restaurant and one of her regulars was involved with the show and invited her to come and to bring a couple of friends.

The girls had to be at Bryant Park at 7am - so, yes, it is an early show if they have to start letting in the general audience that early. They said that it was a great show. The girls also got to meet Tom Gunn and someone else I can't recall. I think it was one of the designers. Forgot what to ask if they got the promotional giveaway and what it was.

This was my 1st season of this show. Since they ran a marathon of last season on Wednesday and I was home sick, I watched a few episodes (missed the Sasha one). I really liked Chloe's stuff, but it 3 designers were pretty safe. Santino's designs during the show did not match his runway show.

Based upon pictures, Michael's and tattoo guy's (David?) designs did not replicate what they did on the show. If I have to guess, I don't think Uli will win. The other 3 are more realistic choices.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Based upon pictures, Michael's and tattoo guy's (David?) designs did not replicate what they did on the show. If I have to guess, I don't think Uli will win. The other 3 are more realistic choices.
Heyang, tatoo guy is Jeffery. Thanks for letting us know about the ladies getting to go to the show, it sounds like fun.

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There is a slide show of the collections. Clck under Jeffery's name for the other designers. Someone posted in one of the Johnny threads in the edge.

Project Runway Collections

Dee

heyang

Record Breaker
What - no posts on last night's show? It was somewhat anticlimatic IMO since no one was eliminated.

Uli and Laura both had dresses that were identifiable as 'them'. I think Uli won because her's was different - more body conscious - than her other items. Laura's was pretty much the same as some other week.

I liked Michael's dress from the waist down. He may have gotten the fit better, but he only had less than a full day since it took him so long to decide what to do. Not a good time for brain block.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I also think Uli was very lucky to get Nazra. That incredible picture of the model in the dress - it really had to be Nazra to pull it off.

Agree about it being anticlimactic though.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would like to see Michael win so I was sweating bullets towards the end of the show. In that regard, I'm glad they all got to go. Uli is at the bottom of my list now.........taking Michael's model. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dee

heyang

Record Breaker
I wonder what Nazari thought about getting picked by Uli. I'm not sure how this works. The model for the winning designer gets to be in the Elle spread. Does the designer pick which model? Some of them have had multiple professional models.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Heyang, thanks for posting the article; interesting read. Can't wait for the reunion show.........keeping my fingers crossed for Michael.

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did anyone else watch the reunion show?? Poor Keith, what a cry baby. Tim put him in his place. I'm happy that Michael won the favorite designer award.

What are your thoughts?

Dee

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I watched last night. Keith just couldn't admit his guilt. He claimed that he was "set-up". Right. Anyhow I thought Vincent's temper tantrum about his clothes was pretty funny. I think he is a little crazy.

heyang

Record Breaker
I thought both Keith and Vincent were somewhat delusional. I got a good laugh over Kayne & Micheal's reaction to Vincent's fit over his laundry, too.

I was speaking to a friend of mine tonight who I found out is a PR fan, too. She felt that Jeffrey should have been booted during the episode with the relatives since he did not treat his client with respect. She felt that Kayne was eliminated for not following the guidelines to use both black & white and therefore felt Jeffrey should have been eliminated for not truly considering his client Angela's mother. It didn't speak well for him that he couldn't even say that he was sorry for upsetting Angela's mother. I think everyone that was there pretty much agreed that he was rude.