Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway season 3

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Anyone want to venture a guess who's going tonight. I think it's either Kayne or Laura, just please don't let it be Michael. I think the pregnancy is getting to Laura.

I'm not ever going to watch the previews again. I think about it all week. The hints were 2 people, and when Tim is talking to Laura she mentioned designing for the Olson twins. What does that mean??

Dee

Shoe Diva
    The rumor mill has it being a challenge focused on the Olsens, but this same mill had Vincent as the third place finisher, so I'd take that with a grain of salt...

I do believe Kayne will go with Laura being the beard for fashion week... since project runway designers show friday @ 9 a.m., the spoilers will be available that afternoon, but have been relatively thin this season... not sure why that is unless Bravo is just better at keeping the spies in check than say the Amazing Race ~ where you can figure out who won by the second episode if you're bored at work and need to appear to be working when you're not.... How did people occupy their time at work before the internet??? Ahhh... its so good being a Gen Xer somedays...

ok. enough make it work. its time to work...

Ballroom Baby
    Okay....first, YAY! Then...boo.

I'm glad Laura won and thought she got major brownie points for going outside her comfort zone (which Uli did not. Maybe Uli is the decoy? Because she STILL hasn't done anything but the same-old dress. The judge who liked it was the guest, who hadn't seen the same design over and over and over again.)

Meanwhile, boo. I wanted Jeffrey to go home.

I am happy for Laura, but I liked Michael's overall look better. As for Jeffrey vs. Kayne - if only Kayne used any white, he would have stayed I think; using white just for trim was rather ridiculous. I agree about Uli, but at no point did I think her outfit was the worst one ther.

Custom Title
    also thought jeffrey should have left. i'll miss kayne! michael is amazing to me...and i love laura as well. i think uli is talented; but limited...

I thought Michael should have won the challenge. Fitting that top on someone and making it look wonderful is difficult. Laura's dress was the basic dress pattern, although very nice. I loved the twist of bringing the 2 back, it was a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife
    where you can figure out who won by the second episode if you're bored at work and need to appear to be working when you're not.... How did people occupy their time at work before the internet??? Ahhh... its so good being a Gen Xer somedays...

ok. enough make it work. its time to work...
    Isn't that the truth. I love the internet. If it weren't for the internet, how would I have ever met you, KW???

Dee

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I thought Michael should have won the challenge. Fitting that top on someone and making it look wonderful is difficult. Laura's dress was the basic dress pattern, although very nice. I loved the twist of bringing the 2 back, it was a good one.

Isn't that the truth. I love the internet. If it weren't for the internet, how would I have ever met you, KW???

Dee
    Awww.... that's so sweet!!! "can you feel the love tonight..."

Dee, I agree, I loved the twist... if you five are that darn great, then it shouldn't be an issue with Angela & Vincent returning...

I decided to give Laura the benefit of the doubt with her nastyness towards Angela over who deserves to be there and who doesn't ~ cause the Lord only knows how mean I was during my pregnancy... (of course I was knocked up during the 96-97 season, hence my extreme dislike of Tara Lipinski... hormones are a killer...)

I love Michael so very much, but was glad that Laura won... that dress was totally wearable, different and cocktail partish... perfect.

Do you think Kayne was paid off by Bravo to throw the challenge? Did he not see everyone buying white fabric? Does he only hear 50%? :banging:

Kayne is at the top of my list today because now I have to listen to Jeffery whine for another week... He's the type of person you want to answer the customer service line when your account is messed up, the product you purchased doesn't work and the person you talked to previously was rude & hung up on you...

One funny thing I read earlier was someone wishing Jefferey makes it to the top three and gets all arrogant thinking he's gonna win and then slinking away when it doesn't happen.... ala Erika on Big Brother... that made me giggle

Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife View Post
    One funny thing I read earlier was someone wishing Jefferey makes it to the top three and gets all arrogant thinking he's gonna win and then slinking away when it doesn't happen.... ala Erika on Big Brother... that made me giggle
    KW, they have some of the fashions posted from Project Runway Olympus Fashion week and I think I know who's in fashion week. If I really have to be honest, I think Jeffery is very good. I don't like his nastiness and rudness either but I guess he has to do that. I am really going to chew on a few nails if Michael isn't in fashion week. I think he is the only one of the designers who has been the most versatile. Even his couture dress was special even though as he said wasn't the best.

Dee

Actually, I believe all 4 of them are there - the 4th person does a "decoy" collection so that little nosy Dee's can't spoil things before it's time

Shoe Diva
    You're right... Jeffery is good... he's just such an a** that it takes away from his talent... I wouldn't be surprised if any of the final four won... but for the record, I'll be SHOCKED if Michael wins... he is so very popular and talented but based on the show's history, it is NEVER the obvious choice and generally the "oh, yeah... their clothes are good..." person. Let's hope I am wrong...

Where did you find the photos?

Quote Originally Posted by Ptichka View Post
    Actually, I believe all 4 of them are there - the 4th person does a "decoy" collection so that little nosy Dee's can't spoil things before it's time
    Ptichka,

Dee

Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife View Post
    Where did you find the photos?
    I will PM you.

Dee

Custom Title

Fashion Week Pics From Getty Images

OK folks, here's a link to a first look at pictures from the PR show at Fashion Week:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...%7c0&p=7&tag=2

Some interesting things to note:
    • Nazri is modeling for Uli, but Camilla is still modeling for Laura. Couldn't find Lindsey or Marilinda. This means that there is probably some model switch-up before the final challenge. IIRC, I saw Heidi holding the velvet bag on the runway in the previews for next week's episode.

• Uli has some solids in her collection

• Jeffrey's collection doesn't look all rock-n-roll/punk (but he definitely looks punk)

• Laura is in a baby doll maternity dress

• I haven't counted, but if there are pictures of all the items in each collection, it appears that Laura's collection does NOT have a bathing suit - could she be the decoy?

I have to say that this is the best set of final 4 collections - any one of them could win. (Of course, just MOHO). And, of course, the finale will be dragged out so we won't even see it on Bravo for about 3 weeks

Later, I will post an interview with Vincent from the Entertainment Weekly website. All I will say is that he comes off as an arrogant, delusion a**hole.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)
    Last edited by hrmsk8ngnutt; 09-15-2006 at 03:26 PM.

Custom Title

EW Interview with Vincent

OK, folks - here's the Entertainment Weekly interview with Vincent:

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1532414_3_0_,00.html

He claims that everyone else was an 'amateur' and that he did NOT cash out his 401K to go on the show.

FYI - EW posts an interview with the auf'ed designer on Thursdays. Additionally, Nick from Season 2 posts his take on the show on the People Magazine website on Thursdays.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Thanks Herm for posting that. Can you tell me why these designers dress so down.........meaning Michael in jeans and sneakers, Jeffery in his early halloween costume. Last year, the gal who won wore jeans too. I don't understand that. Daniel was the only one who dressed like a professional.

Dee

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast