Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oksana Baiul on "the fug"

Quote Originally Posted by STL_Blues_fan
    judging by the number of crucifixes she is wearing in thsi picture, she is through "exploring her Jewish heritage".
    Actually, they go good with the shirt. Definitely a "goth" thing.

Just an average girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    And Elizabeth Taylor is still English/Irish despite her conversion to the Hebraic religion.
    That conversion seemed to have ebbed away over the years.

You can't compare Oksana with Liz or Madonna. Judaism is in her blood. It's not driven by fad or current husband. It just is whether she embraces it or not.

Champion Skater (Vicariously)

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    YIPE!!!!!

Then again, we are not talking about a lady who has ever shown much of a natural affinity for properly applying cosmetics anyway.

It's a shame, actually, the dress looks nice, hair looks good; except for that blatantly orange face, she actually looks pretty good.

Tripping on the Podium Jennifer Lyon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by STL_Blues_fan
    judging by the number of crucifixes she is wearing in thsi picture, she is through "exploring her Jewish heritage". Or was she through once she split with Gene? Just wondering.. got to love people who jump from one religion to another!
    Oksana has expressed a belief in God in many interviews over the years. During her eligible career, she used to cross herself before she competed. I don't know if she ever officially belonged to any particular church, though.

She didn't know anything about her Jewish heritage until a few years ago, when she was reunited with her father. Oksana was engaged to Gene at the time, and her father informed her that her mother's mother was Jewish. So it's not as if Oksana decided to jump on the celebrity Kabbalah bandwagon, a la Madonna. Most people are interested in their heritage, especially when they've just learned something about a family member that they did not know before. At the same time, if Oksana was Christian for so many years, I wouldn't expect her (or anyone else in her situation) to entirely abandon her old beliefs.

Custom Title
    Huh, I cannot say that Oksana looks good in that photo... I think that she goes way over the top with everything, even with her facial expressions. Less is better in so many matters....

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana
    I think that she goes way over the top with everything, even with her facial expressions.
    Kind of like when she skates certain programs and by the end of it is in tears and looks just EXHAUSTED from the DRAMA of it all?? That would certainly seem to be part of her personality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2