Watching Skating On Youtube - May Become Expensive | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Watching Skating On Youtube - May Become Expensive

Lee

Rinkside
I expect that if youtube starts charging for access, they're also going to have to stop allowing posting of copyright material, especially since their servers host the videos. It's absolutely no surprise to me at all that they're being sued for allowing posting of copyright material -- why should the TV industry be any different than the music industry?

tdnuva

On the Ice
SeaniBu said:
Suggestion, all of the posters of YouTube that have skating vids, let's ask then to join us at GS. FSvids and rinkside are cool too - thanks Doris for info on where the "goodies" are - but an outlet that I don't have to put up with sleaze, fighting between teen, requests to subscribe that are nothing more than fishing and the iditological way of voting they have would be a great thing to let go away.
Not sure I understand what you say here. Do you think the necessary registration at fsvids is for phishing??? Be sure, it is not. And none of those sites are run by "teens" if you mean that.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
tdnuva said:
Not sure I understand what you say here. Do you think the necessary registration at fsvids is for phishing??? Be sure, it is not. And none of those sites are run by "teens" if you mean that.

:) Not even close to what I was saying. Not the first to misunderstand me but....

YouTube has sleaze, teens that fight on boards and videos as well as their (YT) members often phish for publicity. All negative aspects of my comments were directed at YT. It is a good place to find rare vids, but there has got to be an alternative. I never thought those sites were "run" by teens, just "run amuck."

FSVids and RinkSide are great places, just not much "traffic" as of yet and this was a suggestion to continue getting good vids without having to deal with some of the drawbacks of YouTube.:agree:

babyoscar

On the Ice
you tube

you tube has its advantages. tv script writter and tie-in book writer Lee Goldberg mentioned this in his online blog:

http://leegoldberg.typepad.com/a_writers_life/2006/07/index.html

"Friday, July 21, 2006
New Hope for the Dead

TV Critic Chuck Barney reports that the flop WB sitcom pilot NOBODY'S WATCHING, which got a lot of hype and thousand of hits when it was "mysteriously" posted on YouTube, has received an order for six scripts from NBC. The network will produce some original "webisodes" while they ponder whether or not to order the series. You can expect to see a lot more busted pilots "mysteriously" showing up on YouTube now..."

so if it wasn't for You Tube, that particular sitcom wouldn't have been picked up. By using YT, a lot more tv shows have more chances surviving.