Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sasha's movie

Sasha's movie

Check it out in Sasha's latest journal entry.

http://www.sashacohen.com/journal.shtml

Sounds pretty cool. She said in an earlier interview that she had to memorize 17 pages of dialogue.

MM
    Last edited by Mathman; 07-16-2006 at 10:13 AM.

"My role is very high schoolish and I wear a lot of miniskirts."

Here's Sasha's costar:

Danielle Panabaker
    Last edited by Mathman; 07-16-2006 at 10:21 AM.

Medalist
    Sasha says: "I wear lots of mini skirts" "..I returned to my trailer with my name on the door...." "....my role is very high schoolish". It certainly sounds like Sasha has adapted to her role. I hope Hollywood isn't using her name as a draw but rather because she actually has acting ability and talent. Time will tell.

Custom Title
    If Sasha makes it big in Hollywood, one Tara Lipinski is going to be very, very jealous (or maybe even terribly annoyed).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe
    If Sasha makes it big in Hollywood, one Tara Lipinski is going to be very, very jealous (or maybe even terribly annoyed).
    I don't see how Cohen could possibly make it big in Hollywood.

Down With It
    so, is she actually STARRING in this movie?

nevermind...read the entry and I guess she's not.
    Last edited by R.D.; 07-16-2006 at 11:33 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    "My role is very high schoolish and I wear a lot of miniskirts."

Here's Sasha's costar:

Danielle Panabaker
    When I Googled the movie title, it indicates that Kay Panabaker is playing the title role. But maybe older sis, Danielle, is also appearing in it.

With 17 pages of dialogue, she gets a SAG card. Good for her.

Joe

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe
    Sasha did an interview in the new Blades on Ice issue and it appears that she and Tara are very friendly and there is mutual admiration between the two. For all you know, maybe Tara is introducing Sasha to people in the business and giving her acting tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Skate Sandee
    When I Googled the movie title, it indicates that Kay Panabaker is playing the title role. But maybe older sis, Danielle, is also appearing in it.
    Oh, that's really funny. How could Sasha have made a mistake like that? I hope she didn't call Kay by the wrong name on the set.

This mistake is already travelling around the Internet (Sasha fans have been vigiliant!) Here are two on-line encyclopedia articles that claim that it is Danielle, not Kay, who is starring in the movie -- and credits Sasha's journal for the info. (Click on the icon at the end of the article -- it will take you to Sasha's journal. )

Entry for Danielle Panabaker:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danielle_Panabaker

Entry for Lori Loughlin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lori_Loughlin

(Or is Sasha right and the other film source references wrong? 16-year-old Kay would fit the role of "young girl and her horse" better than almost 19-year old Danielle.)

MM

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    With 17 pages of dialogue, she gets a SAG card. Good for her.

Joe
    You are elligible for a SAG after one line of dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill508
    ...I hope Hollywood isn't using her name as a draw but rather because she actually has acting ability and talent.
    I wondered about that, too. If all of us Sasha fans get together and support the movie -- tell all your friends about it! -- maybe it will be a success!

It's not exactly Hollywood that is exploiting Sasha's draw, however. This independent film is being made by someone called "Jordan Films, Inc." It was written and directed by Michael Damien, a soap opera heart-throb of the 80s, and is being shot in 19 days on location in Alberta.

On the Ice
    sasha should put the same attention to detail into her journal entries that she does her lines. she made a glaring snafu about american idol a while back too (she corrected it quickly enough)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by soogar
    Sasha did an interview in the new Blades on Ice issue and it appears that she and Tara are very friendly and there is mutual admiration between the two. For all you know, maybe Tara is introducing Sasha to people in the business and giving her acting tips.
    If Tara is giving Sasha ACTING tips, Sasha is doomed to failure.

Down With It
    hehe...major diss there...

But really, it depends on how "high-profile" that movie she (Cohen) is doing and how good she is in it how far she goes in the business, IMO. Has Tara ever been in a real movie before? (Not TV shows or guest appearances)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast