Sasha's movie | Golden Skate

Sasha's movie

Bill508

Rinkside
Sasha says: "I wear lots of mini skirts" "..I returned to my trailer with my name on the door...." "....my role is very high schoolish". It certainly sounds like Sasha has adapted to her role. I hope Hollywood isn't using her name as a draw but rather because she actually has acting ability and talent. Time will tell.

euterpe

Medalist
If Sasha makes it big in Hollywood, one Tara Lipinski is going to be very, very jealous (or maybe even terribly annoyed).

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
euterpe said:
If Sasha makes it big in Hollywood, one Tara Lipinski is going to be very, very jealous (or maybe even terribly annoyed).
I don't see how Cohen could possibly make it big in Hollywood.

R.D.

Record Breaker
so, is she actually STARRING in this movie?

nevermind...read the entry and I guess she's not.

Last edited:

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
Mathman said:
"My role is very high schoolish and I wear a lot of miniskirts."

Here's Sasha's costar:

Danielle Panabaker

When I Googled the movie title, it indicates that Kay Panabaker is playing the title role. But maybe older sis, Danielle, is also appearing in it.

soogar

Record Breaker
euterpe said:

Sasha did an interview in the new Blades on Ice issue and it appears that she and Tara are very friendly and there is mutual admiration between the two. For all you know, maybe Tara is introducing Sasha to people in the business and giving her acting tips.

Skate Sandee said:
When I Googled the movie title, it indicates that Kay Panabaker is playing the title role. But maybe older sis, Danielle, is also appearing in it.
Oh, that's really funny. :laugh: How could Sasha have made a mistake like that? I hope she didn't call Kay by the wrong name on the set.

This mistake is already travelling around the Internet (Sasha fans have been vigiliant!) Here are two on-line encyclopedia articles that claim that it is Danielle, not Kay, who is starring in the movie -- and credits Sasha's journal for the info. (Click on the icon at the end of the article -- it will take you to Sasha's journal. :laugh: )

Entry for Danielle Panabaker:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danielle_Panabaker

Entry for Lori Loughlin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lori_Loughlin

(Or is Sasha right and the other film source references wrong? 16-year-old Kay would fit the role of "young girl and her horse" better than almost 19-year old Danielle.)

MM :)

Bill508 said:
...I hope Hollywood isn't using her name as a draw but rather because she actually has acting ability and talent.
I wondered about that, too. If all of us Sasha fans get together and support the movie -- tell all your friends about it! -- maybe it will be a success!

It's not exactly Hollywood that is exploiting Sasha's draw, however. This independent film is being made by someone called "Jordan Films, Inc." It was written and directed by Michael Damien, a soap opera heart-throb of the 80s, and is being shot in 19 days on location in Alberta.

tully

Rinkside
sasha should put the same attention to detail into her journal entries that she does her lines. she made a glaring snafu about american idol a while back too (she corrected it quickly enough)

euterpe

Medalist
soogar said:
Sasha did an interview in the new Blades on Ice issue and it appears that she and Tara are very friendly and there is mutual admiration between the two. For all you know, maybe Tara is introducing Sasha to people in the business and giving her acting tips.

If Tara is giving Sasha ACTING tips, Sasha is doomed to failure.

R.D.

Record Breaker
hehe...major diss there...

But really, it depends on how "high-profile" that movie she (Cohen) is doing and how good she is in it how far she goes in the business, IMO. Has Tara ever been in a real movie before? (Not TV shows or guest appearances)

MKFSfan

Medalist
I wouldn't be surprised if the two were friendly. They are close in age and have a lot in common. But I would be shocked if Sasha was turning to Tara, who has not made it in the acting biz, for advice.

I wonder how much of Sasha's taped scenes make it to the final cut. Sounds like she's been having a lot of fun though!

IIRC Tara also gave an interview recently (I think it was Blades on Ice two issues ago) in which she said that Sasha was her favorite active skater.

R.D.

Record Breaker
MKFSfan said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the two were friendly. They are close in age and have a lot in common.

I wonder how much they'll "have in common" if Cohen should become a higher-profile actress than Tara...meow, meow...scratch scratch :rofl: j/k

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I wonder if this could be the makings of a replacement to "Paris and Nicole" - the new bad girls of Hollywood. Acutely it might be the Bizarro version. The "Decent girls of Hollywood." Can't wait to see the 2 of them riding Honda Motorcycles down the red carpet:laugh: :agree:

Last edited: