Sasha's movie | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Sasha's movie

MKFSfan

Medalist
antmanb said:
What??? Didn't that show finish in the very early 90s? Why would Kwan wouldn't have been on the radar to be on a show like that until at least 1995 and more likely not until her first world champinship victory in 1996.

Ant

I think the show ended in 1999.

antmanb

Record Breaker
MKFSfan said:
I think the show ended in 1999.

Oh my god, really? I guess nothing from the early 90s onwards made it onto the screens in the UK...did they get a "new generation" or were they following the characters off to college, then theuir careers?

Ant

MKFSfan

Medalist
The show followed the characters off to college, and then started their post-college lives. That's when the show slowed down, IMO, and became too much like Melrose place. It was intended to be geared for the younger crowd, and I guess some liked that they didn't graduate the original cast off in favor for a new class, but I felt the show lost something, especially post-college. You had babies, weddings, housemate issues...just not the same as the HS storyline!

IDLERACER

Medalist
antmanb said:
What??? Didn't that show finish in the very early 90s? Why would Kwan wouldn't have been on the radar to be on a show like that until at least 1995 and more likely not until her first world champinship victory in 1996.

Ant
That show was on throughout the whole decade (1990-2000). I never watched it, except for once, when I heard that Michelle was doing what basically amounted to a gag cameo. It showed her closing her locker, then skating down the hall (which was made out of faux-ice for that one bit, which was really lame).