Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 105

Thread: (MP4) Need your feedback

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,543

    (MP4) Need your feedback

    Here's my crack at sharing a little video with you. This is an MPEG-4 file and is much smaller and easier to download than some of the other videos around. However, this means that it is what I call a "convenience over quality" file. As I said before, about YT quality.

    Here's a test file. This is from the 2006 World championships. I want your feedback as to the quality/practicality. This one is on the large side- 10MB- but only because it's excessively long.

    [url]http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=233C881B232EF3E5[/url]

    in case YSI doesn't work:

    [url]http://www.filefactory.com/?86ace3[/url]
    Last edited by R.D.; 07-17-2006 at 05:00 PM.

  2. #2
    MY TVC 1 5 SeaniBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Watching the Wheels
    Posts
    4,984
    I am downloading.

    BTW doesn't feedback work both ways?

    Oop, it's ready - nice and quick that's for sure!

  3. #3
    MY TVC 1 5 SeaniBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Watching the Wheels
    Posts
    4,984
    Did it drop to 15fps? it seems a little like 15fps?

    Emmie hunh?

  4. #4
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,543
    It's a new program I bought. It converts basic video files to MP4 format. However, I just discovered that the H264 AVC profile is there. But here's the good news: This is the .mp4 type of H264 file, not the .mpg type which means that Quicktime and VLC will play these files! And if you think that MP4 I posted is of fair quality, the H264 file is even better. And the people at large can play it, too.

    Dee, watch out.

    Yes, I slowed the FR down to 15FPS. Does the slower frame rate bother you? It makes the file even smaller. Should I increase it back to 30FPS?
    Last edited by R.D.; 07-17-2006 at 06:38 PM.

  5. #5
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    Dee, watch out.

    Yes, I slowed the FR down to 15FPS. Does the slower frame rate bother you? It makes the file even smaller. Should I increase it back to 30FPS?
    Hey RD, the more the merrier. OK, here is my honest opinion, I had to stop watching because it was making me sea sick. I thought it was very distracting. What program did you say it was??

    Dee

  6. #6
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,543
    not telling

    OK, I'll try increasing the FR back to 30. Maybe I'll try 24 and see what y'all think.

  7. #7
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    not telling
    Ok for you RD, I'm not telling you my program either!!! So there!!

    Dee

  8. #8
    MY TVC 1 5 SeaniBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Watching the Wheels
    Posts
    4,984
    Sorry it took me a while to respond, I had to make dinner and we have a new leek under the sink I am agreeing with Dee. It doesn't bother me per say, - better than nothing, yet it is noticable.

    Her are some various samples in diff formats of a 32 sec. clip.

    MP4 at 15fps simple MP4 comp 808kb -
    [url]http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=DEE71F480FD1072A[/url]

    MP4 at 29.97fps H264 single pass comp 1.52mb
    [url]http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7F91C9E43810CD0C[/url]

    MP4 at 29.97fps H264 multi pass comp 1.55mb
    [url]http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7E1B953A40483664[/url]

  9. #9
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,543
    I would watch but YSI doesn't work for me...again...:banging:

  10. #10
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,543
    I think the solution is this. Since figure skating videos involve fast action maybe 30FPS is the better overall setting. But for stuff like interviews, fluff pieces, etc. IMO 15FPS is fine (since there's no rapid movement involved). It only gets "jerky" I guess when the movement becomes quick.

  11. #11
    MY TVC 1 5 SeaniBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Watching the Wheels
    Posts
    4,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    I think the solution is this. Since figure skating videos involve fast action maybe 30FPS is the better overall setting. But for stuff like interviews, fluff pieces, etc. IMO 15FPS is fine (since there's no rapid movement involved). It only gets "jerky" I guess when the movement becomes quick.
    Perfect summery.

    YSI is what you are using though. I think it might just be it needs a few before it is available. I just downloaded to verify. I am not sure now whether I like Safari or Firefox better. hummm?

  12. #12
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,677
    Hey Sean, love the video of Mikki Ando and really like the music. You did a great job.

    Ok here is what I saw. It took just seconds to download from YSI.

    15 Fbs - bad, bad and then bad.

    29.9 - was OK and even I would view it.

    30 - was great, again it took just seconds to download.

    Dee

  13. #13
    MY TVC 1 5 SeaniBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Watching the Wheels
    Posts
    4,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    I would watch but YSI doesn't work for me...again...:banging:
    What is you browser?

  14. #14
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,543
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaniBu
    What is you browser?
    I'm using Firefox on a PC. I assume you have a Mac since you mentioned Safari (which comes with OS X IIRC).

    Asking me to download a 198MB file is asking a lot, man...but I can't because as I said before YSI does not work for me. I just dunno why, but it doesn't...it just stalls.

  15. #15
    MY TVC 1 5 SeaniBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Watching the Wheels
    Posts
    4,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    I'm using Firefox on a PC. I assume you have a Mac since you mentioned Safari (which comes with OS X IIRC).

    Asking me to download a 198MB file is asking a lot, man...but I'll see what I can do.
    I knew that was a stretch, but you can trash it after You aren't dial up are you? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

    BTW yes I Mac Daddy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •