Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: (MP4) Need your feedback

Down With It
    My archive H264 files are NTSC-SD format (720x480) and have vibrant sound, color, and picture. I did this for the Nationals, Olympics and Worlds. The only difference from the original is slight loss of fine detail and slight blurring with quick movement (noticeable in the figure skating videos). But these files are huge. My Kimmie Meissner 06 Worlds FS file is 113MB (but then, that also includes the replay and scores).

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    I would watch but YSI doesn't work for me...again...:banging:
    What is you browser?

My archive H264 files are NTSC-SD format (720x480) and have vibrant sound, color, and picture. The only difference from the original is slight loss of fine detail and slight blurring with quick movement (noticeable in the figure skating videos). But these files are huge. My Kimmie Meissner 06 Worlds FS file is 113MB (but then, that also includes the replay and scores).
    I know this is a stretch, but could you try the Tanith and Ben Video under my signature and see how the video comes out? there are some very different thing (formats / resolution) going on in that video. Also this would tell me something about YSI.

Or did you see the Fumie Video Slideshow I did 2 weeks ago? same questions for both?

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaniBu
    What is you browser?
    I'm using Firefox on a PC. I assume you have a Mac since you mentioned Safari (which comes with OS X IIRC).

Asking me to download a 198MB file is asking a lot, man...but I can't because as I said before YSI does not work for me. I just dunno why, but it doesn't...it just stalls.

I'm using Firefox on a PC. I assume you have a Mac since you mentioned Safari (which comes with OS X IIRC).

Asking me to download a 198MB file is asking a lot, man...but I'll see what I can do.
    I knew that was a stretch, but you can trash it after You aren't dial up are you? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

BTW yes I Mac Daddy!

Down With It
    No, DSL. Still, depending on the site 198mb can still take a long time for me.

YSI gets stuck before the download link comes up, so there's no way for me to get the file...at least now.

No, DSL. Still, depending on the site 198mb can still take a long time for me.

YSI gers stuck before the download link comes up, so there's no way for me to get the file...at least now.
    I keep hearing that but haven't run across the issue yet.

BTW, I think I am slowly getting hooked on Firefox

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Hey Sean, love the video of Mikki Ando and really like the music. You did a great job.

Ok here is what I saw. It took just seconds to download from YSI.

15 Fbs - bad, bad and then bad.

29.9 - was OK and even I would view it.

30 - was great, again it took just seconds to download.

Dee

Nice, that is great feedback. The multi pass compression works better then - and it only adds about .25% more MB. Sounds like it is worth it. The multi only took about 10 seconds more to load on YSI but the compression was twice as long to get the file on my HD for uploading.

I guess the Tanith and Ben Video should be compressed to the same, maybe I should have done that with the Fumie too.

Would you have watched the TB video I have had on the signature this past week if it was smaller - like 30mb max? How about Fumie, would you?

RedDog this has been very informative thread, thanks for starting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707
    Hey Sean, love the video of Mikki Ando and really like the music.

Dee

That was the Foo Fighters Everlong. That is one of my favorite songs (but that fav list is about 30) from my favorite albums "The Color and the Shape" (that list has 20)

Would you have watched the TB video I have had on the signature this past week if it was smaller - like 30mb max? How about Fumie, would you?

biggrin:
    Sean, I watched your Fumie video when it was on Youtube. Is that the same one??

Dee

Down With It
    Nice, that is great feedback. The multi pass compression works better then - and it only adds about .25% more MB. Sounds like it is worth it. The multi only took about 10 seconds more to load on YSI but the compression was twice as long to get the file on my HD for uploading.

I guess the Tanith and Ben Video should be compressed to the same, maybe I should have done that with the Fumie too.

RedDog this has been very informative thread, thanks for starting it.
    My program does not have an option for multi-pass encoding but the video it puts out seems great to me...good enough.

What do you think of (the 30FPS version) the video I put up? Would you be OK with it as a sharing medium?

You choose one or the other: quality or convenience? For me, it's quality for archiving, convenience for sharing. Dealing with <10MB files is a lot easier for me to upload, plus it encourages people with slower connections to maybe go for the download this time around (or be relieved that it won't take hours).
    Last edited by R.D.; 07-17-2006 at 10:41 PM.

Down With It
    oh...you think that 198mb file is big. Well, I have a Sasha Cohen file from 06 Nationals that's almost 300MB. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707
    Sean, I watched your Fumie video when it was on Youtube. Is that the same one??

Dee
    The Fumie I put on YouTube was the same that I ran 2 weeks ago for download under my sig. The size was bigger and had good quality though It was also at 640x380 (same as most TVs). I think I might try compressing it as we have been testing here on this thread. Would you watch it again if I put it out there being as it would be much better quality?

Sorry for the delay, Mom needed tea, dogs needed out and I had to check the sink patch I put in.

Sure Sean, I'll watch it. I really like it when I saw it on Youtube.

Dee

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast