Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: (MP4) Need your feedback

Down With It
    FYI I would be more likely to download a file if it's smaller (I'd say under 50MB), unless it's in HD.

For archiving I will take quality ANY day. I almost don't care how large the file is (ok, no 1GB files, but you know what I mean).

I've always wanted HD files from the Olympics. I found a couple posted somewhere but since then I haven't been able to find any anywhere. Oh well.
    Last edited by R.D.; 07-17-2006 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    oh...you think that 198mb file is big. Well, I have a Sasha Cohen file from 06 Nationals that's almost 300MB. Yikes.
    I hear that. The Fumie VS I had shrunk to fit YT was a 1.09gb file in HD. It is so nice on the computer monitor. The 32second of Miki I just put out is a 122mb file.

For archiving I will take quality ANY day. I almost don't care how large the file is (ok, no 1GB files, but you know what I mean).
    That is when it is time for me to break out the 50 pack of DVDs for getting back the room.

Down With It
    HD you mean HDTV, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707
    Sure Sean, I'll watch it. I really like it when I saw it on Youtube.

Dee
    I'll repost tomarrow. I had a couple get the TB this week, I guess they might be thinking, "why didn't we wait untill the 320x240 file came out." Ya I doubt they kept it anyway.

HD you mean HDTV, right?
    HD for iMovie is a wide screen - which when off TV doesn't mean much anyway - and setting of 1280x1024 or above, the settings are most often the same as for a "plasma" or the like. Mac makes the best monitors! IMO.

Down With It
    Not sure what you mean. Do you capture HDTV footage on your computer? If you do, whatcha got?

Not sure what you mean. Do you capture HDTV footage on your computer? If you do, whatcha got?
    Only if it is broadcast in HDTV, Formac Studio TVR. The only problem I have with it is it doesn't have coax out - does have S-Vid, comp, usb and Fwire. Other wise it is way better then any card. iMovie 05 and 06 is the basis for being able to capture HD.

Down With It
    here's another vid I posted on the KMF...This is the ladies medal ceremony. I kept it at 15FPS since there's no real fast action involved. What do you think...can you watch it without "getting sea sick"?

http://www.filefactory.com/?f16e11 (3.98MB download)

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    RD, I'm downloading it right now. That FileFactory site is hard to navigate through. I think I had to go through 4 pages to get to the download area.

I am not saying these things to be critical, I am saying them because you asked for my opinion. When someone asks, I try to be honest about it. If you're going to take the time to upload the file, I would think you would want the end user to be satisfied.

Dee

Down With It
    I do appreciate the (honest) feedback. It allows me to put out a better service. I seem to be one of the few that continue to have problems with sites like YSI and SendMeFile, so I have to resort to other hosting sites that don't give me any problems. And now Youtube is not working for me for some reason...grr..

Sorry RD, I can't open it. I know when I was viewing last night at home, I could open and it gave me the option to save or open. There isn't any options this morning at work, you can only save. What did you do different from last night??

Dee

Down With It
    If you're on a different computer it must be network settings or something. I didn't do anything different...it's the same .mp4 H264 file. Your work computer likely does not have the H264 codec needed to play the file, I suppose.
    Last edited by R.D.; 07-18-2006 at 09:38 AM.

Yup, I'm on a network and that's probably the reason. Our IT manager at work is Hitler's granson I think.

Dee

RD, you and Sean got into some pretty technical stuff that kind of went right over the top of my head. Now, I am asking for feedback from you guys.

What did you think of the videos I posted?? Not subject matter but quality, downloading time?? Anything else you can think of.

Dee

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast