(MP4) Need your feedback | Page 2 | Golden Skate

(MP4) Need your feedback

R.D.

Record Breaker
No, DSL. Still, depending on the site 198mb can still take a long time for me.

YSI gets stuck before the download link comes up, so there's no way for me to get the file...at least now.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
No, DSL. Still, depending on the site 198mb can still take a long time for me.

YSI gers stuck before the download link comes up, so there's no way for me to get the file...at least now.

I keep hearing that but haven't run across the issue yet.

BTW, I think I am slowly getting hooked on Firefox:biggrin:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey Sean, love the video of Mikki Ando and really like the music. You did a great job.

Ok here is what I saw. It took just seconds to download from YSI.

15 Fbs - bad, bad and then bad.

29.9 - was OK and even I would view it.

30 - was great, again it took just seconds to download.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Nice, that is great feedback. The multi pass compression works better then - and it only adds about .25% more MB. Sounds like it is worth it. The multi only took about 10 seconds more to load on YSI but the compression was twice as long to get the file on my HD for uploading.

I guess the Tanith and Ben Video should be compressed to the same, maybe I should have done that with the Fumie too.

Would you have watched the TB video I have had on the signature this past week if it was smaller - like 30mb max? How about Fumie, would you?

RedDog this has been very informative thread, thanks for starting it. :biggrin:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
Hey Sean, love the video of Mikki Ando and really like the music.

Dee
:agree:
That was the Foo Fighters Everlong. That is one of my favorite songs (but that fav list is about 30) from my favorite albums "The Color and the Shape" (that list has 20):laugh:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
SeaniBu said:
Would you have watched the TB video I have had on the signature this past week if it was smaller - like 30mb max? How about Fumie, would you?

biggrin:
Sean, I watched your Fumie video when it was on Youtube. Is that the same one??

Dee

R.D.

Record Breaker
SeaniBu said:
Nice, that is great feedback. The multi pass compression works better then - and it only adds about .25% more MB. Sounds like it is worth it. The multi only took about 10 seconds more to load on YSI but the compression was twice as long to get the file on my HD for uploading.

I guess the Tanith and Ben Video should be compressed to the same, maybe I should have done that with the Fumie too.

RedDog this has been very informative thread, thanks for starting it. :biggrin:

My program does not have an option for multi-pass encoding but the video it puts out seems great to me...good enough.

What do you think of (the 30FPS version) the video I put up? Would you be OK with it as a sharing medium?

You choose one or the other: quality or convenience? For me, it's quality for archiving, convenience for sharing. Dealing with <10MB files is a lot easier for me to upload, plus it encourages people with slower connections to maybe go for the download this time around (or be relieved that it won't take hours).

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
oh...you think that 198mb file is big. Well, I have a Sasha Cohen file from 06 Nationals that's almost 300MB. Yikes.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
Sean, I watched your Fumie video when it was on Youtube. Is that the same one??

Dee
The Fumie I put on YouTube was the same that I ran 2 weeks ago for download under my sig. The size was bigger and had good quality though It was also at 640x380 (same as most TVs). I think I might try compressing it as we have been testing here on this thread. Would you watch it again if I put it out there being as it would be much better quality?

Sorry for the delay, Mom needed tea, dogs needed out and I had to check the sink patch I put in.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sure Sean, I'll watch it. I really like it when I saw it on Youtube.

Dee

R.D.

Record Breaker
FYI I would be more likely to download a file if it's smaller (I'd say under 50MB), unless it's in HD.

For archiving I will take quality ANY day. I almost don't care how large the file is (ok, no 1GB files, but you know what I mean).

I've always wanted HD files from the Olympics. I found a couple posted somewhere but since then I haven't been able to find any anywhere. Oh well.

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
oh...you think that 198mb file is big. Well, I have a Sasha Cohen file from 06 Nationals that's almost 300MB. Yikes.

I hear that. The Fumie VS I had shrunk to fit YT was a 1.09gb file in HD. It is so nice on the computer monitor. The 32second of Miki I just put out is a 122mb file.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
For archiving I will take quality ANY day. I almost don't care how large the file is (ok, no 1GB files, but you know what I mean).

That is when it is time for me to break out the 50 pack of DVDs for getting back the room.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
Sure Sean, I'll watch it. I really like it when I saw it on Youtube.

Dee

I'll repost tomarrow. I had a couple get the TB this week, I guess they might be thinking, "why didn't we wait untill the 320x240 file came out.":laugh: Ya I doubt they kept it anyway.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
HD you mean HDTV, right?

HD for iMovie is a wide screen - which when off TV doesn't mean much anyway - and setting of 1280x1024 or above, the settings are most often the same as for a "plasma" or the like. Mac makes the best monitors! IMO.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Not sure what you mean. Do you capture HDTV footage on your computer? If you do, whatcha got? :biggrin:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
Not sure what you mean. Do you capture HDTV footage on your computer? If you do, whatcha got? :biggrin:

Only if it is broadcast in HDTV, Formac Studio TVR. The only problem I have with it is it doesn't have coax out - does have S-Vid, comp, usb and Fwire. Other wise it is way better then any card. iMovie 05 and 06 is the basis for being able to capture HD.

R.D.

Record Breaker
here's another vid I posted on the KMF...This is the ladies medal ceremony. I kept it at 15FPS since there's no real fast action involved. What do you think...can you watch it without "getting sea sick"?

http://www.filefactory.com/?f16e11 (3.98MB download)

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
RD, I'm downloading it right now. That FileFactory site is hard to navigate through. I think I had to go through 4 pages to get to the download area.

I am not saying these things to be critical, I am saying them because you asked for my opinion. When someone asks, I try to be honest about it. If you're going to take the time to upload the file, I would think you would want the end user to be satisfied.

Dee