(MP4) Need your feedback | Page 5 | Golden Skate

(MP4) Need your feedback

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So if I start playing with compressing you & RD will help me, right??

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
So if I start playing with compressing you & RD will help me, right??

Dee
:laugh: More RD than me, but what I am learning I will share for sure.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Well I am finding that using H264 is making my life go really slowly - I stated back at 1:06 and it is reading just under half way. It lied to me! This is making me miss the "export as .mov at 360x280" and getting a 200mb file from a 1gb at 29.97fps in 20 minutes:eek:hwell:

I really wonder how it is going to come out?

R.D.

Record Breaker
hey, YT kept me occupied for a while but I'm back.

Dee- a codec is a method of compressing a file. An extension is the operating system's way of identifying what kind of file it is dealing with (like image, video, etc.)

SB- glad you're having fun experimenting. Another short video of mine is coming up soon so stay tuned.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
RD, what happened to you sig link?

I don't know now if I would call it fun:laugh: right now, we'll see what the results are before I can allow myself to determine that.:unsure: I looks like it will take 4 hours, not 2 the lying little *frik'n frak'n rink'n rack'n..........program.:cool: I think I should go take a quick rid in the hills.:agree:

R.D.

Record Breaker
hmm...when I make my mp4's it doesn't take that long. I'd say it encodes in realtime or a little faster. But then I have a 2Ghz laptop (not terribly fast, but good enough for what I do).

R.D.

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
oops, forgot to mention I went to your new site for only about 45 seconds because I'm at work. What I saw looks good, I will check it over more at home.

Dee

You can play those vids straight in your browser with the Quicktime plugin. The videos load and then they play.

I've added a couple new ones since you last checked.

R.D.

Record Breaker
SeaniBu said:
RD, what happened to you sig link?

I don't know now if I would call it fun:laugh: right now, we'll see what the results are before I can allow myself to determine that.:unsure: I looks like it will take 4 hours, not 2 the lying little *frik'n frak'n rink'n rack'n..........program.:cool: I think I should go take a quick rid in the hills.:agree:

Hey Sean, got your favorite skater up now on my site ;)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Ah, you are a gentleman, assuming you are talking about FS:agree:

I threw in the towel on using H264 for now, I went back to the old DVc to QT just to get these done for this guy. I will start it again tonight when I retire to my slumber :laugh: Plus I want to go and watch my dream test baby RD posted.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
hmm...when I make my mp4's it doesn't take that long. I'd say it encodes in realtime or a little faster. But then I have a 2Ghz laptop (not terribly fast, but good enough for what I do).

That is making me think it is time to get some new hardware inside my 8 yearold.

I just went for a "press" via the MP4 to quick to see. The last one QT with DVc 640x480 came out at 499mb, yuck big.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Red Dog, I was watching your videos and started looking around the Putfile.com site. It says it's free to upload and I guess I want to know what you think of the site?

Dee

R.D.

Record Breaker
it's fairly easy to use, I'd say. I've had some trouble with it in the past, however.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
oh...you think that 198mb file is big. Well, I have a Sasha Cohen file from 06 Nationals that's almost 300MB. Yikes.

Would you be willing to post this somewhere I can see it?

Red Dog said:
What do you think of (the 30FPS version) the video I put up? Would you be OK with it as a sharing medium?

I am sorry I didn't comment on that. As DEE was saying, the 30 is that slight bit better that kinda makes it worth it to take the extra time. I also think that your H264 is standard as multi pass encoding, but I am only guessing. Again I mention that your Hardware is double of mine on processor speed, mine is from '98 at 450 MHz and a BUS of 100 MHz. I have been looking at new processors - a nice new duel would be lovely - because my Momma Board can accept it - that would only cost me around $300. My next concern will be her fan, she has been making some funny noises lately.:eek:

Pumping up the kbs on the 640x380 did not help with the vid, clearer, but choppy. I tried a 1920x1080, it was of course the wrong aspect ratio, but wanted to see and the pixilation was not that bad - but Sasha was lager:laugh: and It came out 2.02gb from a 1.09gb file. I know that is not the direction we were going with this but it was interesting results, not to bad, but my monitor maxes at 1280x720.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Would you be willing to post this somewhere I can see it?

I COULD but you wouldn't be able to play it- it's one of those .mpg files. Actually the file is "only" about 220MB...nowhere close to 300 like I said before. And it's not even HD (but good quality SD though)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
I COULD but you wouldn't be able to play it- it's one of those .mpg files.

? Is it something I could only see on your site, or I can't download. Not sure what you mean. But it is not the first time Seanibu is confused.:laugh:

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
"price of tea in China" what does that have to do with the fact I can't view it?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Now you got ME confused.

IN other words, the file you are looking for isn't on the site, so therefore you can't see it.