Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: (MP4) Need your feedback

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    oops, forgot to mention I went to your new site for only about 45 seconds because I'm at work. What I saw looks good, I will check it over more at home.

Dee

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    Try that and report back...I want to know how it went.
    The QT vid, works the same as it always has, reduces a 1gb to arond 180mb and looks great. The problem was that the files are so big. If that is what you are asking?
    If it is in reference to the MP4 thing, I am going to do that tonight after I get done with Peil's project and most definitely would want the feedback from yopu and DEE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    I think my version of her Olympic long is bigger than 200MB...I think it's closer to 250MB. (eta: I checked and it's 223MB). But I encoded all the Olympic videos at 3000Kbps (near broadcast quality) so ALL the files are huge.
    This makes me think you are asking about the QT, but I am going to try something slightly different by going with the H264 instead of DV for compression. I've used MP4 before and it wasn't as clean as DV but was smaller file. It is telling me now that it is going to take under 2 hours using the H264 at "best" quality multi pass, size 640x480 - sound at Linear pcm 16 bit.
    Do you have any suggestive changes there? That is pretty much a default setting out side of the H264.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707
    This is what I'm confused about. So are you saying .avi is not the file extension but a codec???

Dee
    The extension as far as I am aware is just designating the "player," which will use a specific player that opens that "extension" - hence the player choice via a "extension." All the "quality" aspects should be dependent on the compression / codec, then you are just telling the file it should open with...
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 07-19-2006 at 02:34 PM.

Thanks Sean, I think I'm understanding a little more now. I think I need to play a little more with my program. I think with explanations here that I'm going to get it.

BTW, I just wanted to let you know I love the Piel photo. You did a great job. You're very artistic.

Dee

Thanks Sean, I think I'm understanding a little more now. I think I need to play a little more with my program. I think with explanations here that I'm going to get it.
    I should have thought about this earlier for you - I use this allot to find out and make sure.
    Type in Google; define:anything

Heres an example -
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ition&ct=title

BTW, I just wanted to let you know I love the Piel photo. You did a great job. You're very artistic.

Dee
    Thank you. I am happy to get that response on something I really didn't spend much time on. Sometimes that is the best type of art. Try too hard and it is "pretentious" and shows all the flaws more so - have fun and focus on conveying a message without having a distraction and it works. Adn doing something like this is a lot more fun and rewarding than anything I've done that with in the past.

I really like what RD is helping me discover about sharing with this thread. This could help me not have to send out DVDs as demos as much. I have never studied the aspects of compressing on my own. Just kept everything full quality or only shrunk the size for fear of loosing to much of some little aspect - or getting a mess. But this helps me feel like I can share via the web that much more "friendly." Always room to learn more.

So if I start playing with compressing you & RD will help me, right??

Dee

So if I start playing with compressing you & RD will help me, right??

Dee
    More RD than me, but what I am learning I will share for sure.

Well I am finding that using H264 is making my life go really slowly - I stated back at 1:06 and it is reading just under half way. It lied to me! This is making me miss the "export as .mov at 360x280" and getting a 200mb file from a 1gb at 29.97fps in 20 minutes

I really wonder how it is going to come out?

Down With It
    hey, YT kept me occupied for a while but I'm back.

Dee- a codec is a method of compressing a file. An extension is the operating system's way of identifying what kind of file it is dealing with (like image, video, etc.)

SB- glad you're having fun experimenting. Another short video of mine is coming up soon so stay tuned.

RD, what happened to you sig link?

I don't know now if I would call it fun right now, we'll see what the results are before I can allow myself to determine that. I looks like it will take 4 hours, not 2 the lying little *frik'n frak'n rink'n rack'n..........program. I think I should go take a quick rid in the hills.

Down With It
    hmm...when I make my mp4's it doesn't take that long. I'd say it encodes in realtime or a little faster. But then I have a 2Ghz laptop (not terribly fast, but good enough for what I do).

Down With It
    Here's some local footage of Kimmie from the 06 Olympics. Video is mp4/19 sec/524KB.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...3D927568090B21

Down With It
    oops, forgot to mention I went to your new site for only about 45 seconds because I'm at work. What I saw looks good, I will check it over more at home.

Dee
    You can play those vids straight in your browser with the Quicktime plugin. The videos load and then they play.

I've added a couple new ones since you last checked.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaniBu
    RD, what happened to you sig link?

I don't know now if I would call it fun right now, we'll see what the results are before I can allow myself to determine that. I looks like it will take 4 hours, not 2 the lying little *frik'n frak'n rink'n rack'n..........program. I think I should go take a quick rid in the hills.

Hey Sean, got your favorite skater up now on my site

Ah, you are a gentleman, assuming you are talking about FS

I threw in the towel on using H264 for now, I went back to the old DVc to QT just to get these done for this guy. I will start it again tonight when I retire to my slumber Plus I want to go and watch my dream test baby RD posted.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast