Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: ISU rule changes

Quote Originally Posted by SeaniBu
    OK, "dumb o' SeaniBu," but is it possible that some of these decisions are made to prevent "unfair advantages" as seen by the said rule changers. As a way to keep things more evenly matched per say - closer events? I see some of the skepticism and how it can look like it is clearly giving someone else an advantage with timing of instigation, but could it be that is the intent not to give advantages but it happens that way in the outcome for unseen reasons? Or it might have lessened the advantage and we see only the outcome?
    Only time will tell. Let's see if there are any last minute changes (especially in Pairs) before the Worlds. That does raise eyebrows.

Joe

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    mzheng
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13855
    Here's the pair's twists thread you asked for a link to.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Only time will tell. Let's see if there are any last minute changes (especially in Pairs) before the Worlds. That does raise eyebrows.

Joe
    I don't think there can be any changes made now until the next congress. I don't think they could make changes during the season can they?

I thuink the biggest eyebrow raiser would be for a change (like the pairs jumps changes) in the off season leading into the next Olympics. If that happens then it'll be a 100% record of iffy rule changes just before an Olympics...keep your eyes on how Obertas & Slavnov are doing right/wrong...we may even see the Pairs jump rule changed so they can put their three 3 toes back into their LPs!

Ant

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    ant, I think you're right. I don't think they can make changes during the season.

And it will be very interesting what they change in the pre Olympic season!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8