Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Most Annoying Songs

Medalist
    Las Ketchup - The Ketchup Song
    Los del Rio - Macarena

Not the droid you're looking for
    I don't know how I could have forgotten these...maybe I'd successfully blocked them out for a while. I shudder and stab my finger at the "seek" button each time one of these songs is played on the radio:
    "My Humps" by the Black-Eyed Peas
    "Hollaback Girl" by Gwen Stefani
    Two songs that make me go "ewww..." I still can't believe people make big bucks writing lyrics that lame. (Sez the poor, unrecorded parodist!) I can't even manage to parody these songs, because that would mean having to learn them.
    There will no doubt be more. Like, OMG, "We Didn't Start the Fire", by Billy Joel? Totally annoying. Though I'm sure there are those of you who just lurve all these songs, and that's okay. Gwen and Fergie need to make a living, and Billy needs to replace his car on a regular basis.
    xoxo
    Rave

What was that horrible song by Jefferson Airplane after they reformed, something about building America? I guess that is a successful block. Can't hum the tune, just remember how bad it was.

"We Built This City"? How oh how can a group who did "White Rabbit" turn out this? And that was even before Gracie started shootin' up the neighborhood.

Thanks PL, I can always count on you! Now doubt, they should have change the name of the band, that is like anther skater calling themseves Michelle Kwan. If it changes, It is different, just like Van Halen / Van Hagar - that should have been changed.

Great now the tune is coming back - agh! I shouldn't have asked! ...on rock and "*raugf*"

Custom Title
    "I don't know why she's leaving,
    or where she's gonna go,
    I guess she has her reasons,
    but I just don't wanna know,
    cause for 24 years I've been living
    Next Door to Alice....."

Quite possibly the most pathetic piece of **** ever to torture an innocent piece of vinyl.

For some reason the song "Freshmen" always annoyed me.

And of course it was purposefully nasty song, but "Smelly Cat" from Friends, more annoying than funny.

Custom Title
    I agree with CzarinaAnya and Dennis.
    You're Beautiful" with James Blunt (though my mother LOVES it and plays it all the time) and The Ketchup Song.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Some others that have driven me crazy over the years (and yes these are all real songs that I have heard on the radio)

First from the Country Charts:
    First up and still unfortunately being played:

Jesus take the Wheel sung by Carrie Underwood about some totally idiotic woman who skids on ice on the highway and takes her hands off the wheel and starts praying. Every time I drive now I wonder if some fool will take this song literally when the car skids.

Margaritas Make Her Clothes Fall Off (also current)

Dropkick me Jesus Through the Goalposts of Life

Bootscoot Boogie by Brookes and Dunn

And from noncountry sources:

Teen Angel about some girl who dies in a car crash with a great deal of snivelling

Blue Moon, where the band has forgotten the real words and just keeps singing
    Blue moon, blue, blue,blue,blue moon, diptadiptadip blue, blue, blue,blue moon diptadip. bowwowwowbatarang batarang a dingy dong ding blue moon,.

I've never been to Me (nuff said)

YMCA and In the Navy by the Village People

The Lion Sleeps Tonight (O Wim o Way)

Rockin' Robin (tweetle a Deet)

Anything sung by Barney.

Or the Wiggles

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    "We Built This City"? How oh how can a group who did "White Rabbit" turn out this? And that was even before Gracie started shootin' up the neighborhood.
    How on EARTH could I have possibly overlooked THAT one??? Probably because some songs are so hideous you just block them out of your mind. THAT is the #1 song guaranteed to make me run shrieking out of a room. (Well, it might be #2 behind "Crucified" by Army of Lovers, which actually did make me run shrieking out of many a dance club in New Orleans).

YIPE!!!!!!!

Actually, Piel's comment reminds me of a scene from "Grace Under Fire" where Brett Butler is driving home from work, high off fumes from a leak at the refinery, and 'White Rabbit' is playing on the car radio and she bangs her hands on the steering wheel going 'I. Can't. Believe. This. Is. The. Same. Group. That. Did. We.Built. This. CITY!!!!!!'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3