Tropical Storm Beryl | Golden Skate

Tropical Storm Beryl

Figureskates

On the Ice
Tropical Storm Beryl formed southeast of North Carolina this afternoon.

Right now it looks like it will head towards Cape Hatteras then pass about 50 miles east of Hatteras before moving off to the northeast.

It loks at this point not to be a big deal but will keep an eye on it in case it does something "stupid".

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Thanks Figureskates. Have relatives vacationing at North Myrtle this week. Niece said she has never known the water there to be as warm as it is now. Looking forward to more from you.

heyang

Record Breaker
My friends were out partying at fire island (just off of Long Island, NY) and said the water was unusually warm. The last time I went to that annual party, the water was numbingly cold in July.

One of my co-workers is on the 1st of 2 weeks vacation on the Outer Banks. Hopefully, he won't have to evacuate.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
After predicting another MAJOR hurricane season similar to last year's, it certainly took a long time between the "A" storm and the "B" storm. Hopefully there will also be a long gap before the "C" storm and this will turn out to be a light season. Let's hope this one stays merely "tropical".

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I love the Outer Banks one of the best vacations of my life was there.

Figureskates

On the Ice
Tropical Storm Beryl is about 105 miles east-northeast of Cape Hatteras and poses no threat to the Carolinas. This thing is pretty weak....winter storms are stronger than this.

Some models have the storm moving into New England late tomorrow night. If it does, a little wind, some rain and that's it. Like I said, the coastal storms of a couple of months back are more impressive.

Figureskates

On the Ice
Looks like TS Beryl will clip Nantucket and the outer cape with wind and rain tonight into Friday morning. Really no big deal. Those folks are use to storms that pack winds gusting to 50 mph..should be a big yawner fro them. The only problem will be the summer people who have boats and don't have a clue about this kind of weather...also the news media is really beginning to hype this thing...needlessly scaring the bejezzus out of people.

heyang

Record Breaker
One of the newcasts mentioned that 95% of major storms occur after July!

How many did we have by this time last year?