The GS-FSU Block Party---Let the Good Times Roll! | Page 10 | Golden Skate

The GS-FSU Block Party---Let the Good Times Roll!

Figureskates

On the Ice
Big rant.....

We went out to dinner because it was a beautiful evening with low humidity.

We had dinner at one of our favorite Italian Resturants and had a great time.

Our waitress was great and she waited on the table next to us that had a family of five..the parents and three boys..pre-teens to early teens. They had this poor girl runnig around, get this, get that. Well the got the bill and paid it and left a 75 cent tip on a 50 dollar bill. The waitress was upset and almost in tears and I asked her what the problem was and I got the above information.

So when I paid my bill with tip, I gave her an extra 10 dollars to cover the other bill. I told her it was not fair for her to be punished by people in the shallow end of the gene pool. She was grateful since she is making money for college.

There are sure a lot of sh*theads out there!

terisalyn

Rinkside
FS, that was nice. It's hard not to take it personally when a cheapskate leaves a bad tip, and I'm sure that made her feel much better.

Wheee, had fun in Williamsburg. I rode the bumper cars with 6-y-o nephew three times, and now he has decided he wants his own car when we ride, so he can chase and bump me! :agree: I also got my Mom's pictures from Venice sorted out on her computer, and we got a card reader so I can burn a backup CD for them. For some reason, Mom's hubby's computer doesn't have a CD-burner. :disapp: I thought they were standard issue?

And I've been using :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: all along. I refuse to let one bad apple spoil a perfectly good smilie!

Lee

Rinkside
This no rep thing is a killer...:p

Okay...snark...I drank two (Cdn) Smirnies when we pulled into the campground here south of Tillamook, OR...and I haven't eaten today -- I think I'm half-schwacked. Cruella and Spinner would be soooo ashamed of me! *cringe*

Time to head into Tillamook and find food...later, folks...

Matryeshka

Rinkside
Hah! BR's vacation is an OBVIOUS ploy to try out her pink bikini before SA.

That was dash-cunning of her.

Bah. My snark o' day: My older sister--some of you may remember me "whinging" about her last year--she disappeared for two weeks after Katrina and then just showed up at my older brother's doorstep as if nothing was wrong--strikes again. She ended up moving to Tennessee after Le Storm and took up with some guy. We haven't seen her since last year, and she called a couple of weeks ago to say that she was coming back for a three week vacation.

We know she's arrived, but she hasn't called. AT ALL. My dad is REALLY hurt, my mom is super peeved, especially considering she showed up at her grandmother's (Mimi) asked for money, and then left right after she got it. I guess my older brother, my dad, me, and my younger brother were just fall-backs in case she couldn't get it out of Mimi.

BTW, this is not some dumb 20something--this is a woman who just turned 40.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Thank God I found y'all. I was going to implode. :p

FS, that was very cool what you did for that waitress. When I was a waitress, I hated working Sunday afternoons with the after church crowd. Most (not all) of them were some of the worst tippers around, leaving tips similar to the ones you described. Arg.

My snark? One of my juvenile delinquents tried to start a fight today by using the n-word. Thankfully, I was right there and had him out of the room before the other kids could pummel (pummle?) him senseless. Which I may or may not have been okay with...Hmmm.....

Back to lesson plans. No free time for them tomorrow. Three more weeks, three more weeks, three more weeks.:cry:

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
Lee said:
-- I think I'm half-schwacked. Cruella and Spinner would be soooo ashamed of me! *cringe*

Well, I'm proud of you. What are vacations for? Besides, I think even a half-schwacked Lee might be very entertaining. :yes:

guinevere

Final Flight
Figureskates, it was super cool of you to leave that extra tip. When I waitressed, it was folks like you that made my day :rock:

Matryeshka, I don't think I recall that story about your sis. how aggravating! Your poor parents, having to worry about her after Le Storm with no word.

Slight thread/board drag: I think i've figured out a way to make the job offer I got on Fri work. I do need them to kick in at least $1K extra (measly!), and I am hoping my current boss will be hip to me quitting my job - but still taking on a project management position we've talked about adding (and she's been telling people I'll do even though i've received no formal offer). This would give me the extra hours I need to make a living, would get me out of scheduling stupid appointments, and would get me a great benefits package, whee! I've left a message for the person at the new place to discuss.

Lee

Rinkside
NanXOXOX said:
Well, I'm proud of you. What are vacations for? Besides, I think even a half-schwacked Lee might be very entertaining.
I had a wee nap -- took the edge off the Smirnie indulgence....;) So much for 'entertaining'...;p

Yes, FS...you are :rock: :clap: :bow: amazing...

(I want a 5th wheel like what's trying to park behind me...wow...)

And sympathies to PL, who should be resting her mind right now, not dealing with delinquents, mortgage be damned!

Last edited:

Reuven

Rinkside
:Door slams open...figure stands in doorway, coat streaming with rain, fedora slightly askew...he looks around...bright lights...strangly familiar place, yet...then he sees the doughnuts, and notices the lingering scent of P-skates. His face brightens..."I'm here," he sighs.: Wheeeeeee! As Randy Quaid said,"Hello boys...I'm baaack!"

JOHIO2

Medalist
Lee said:
This no rep thing is a killer...:p
Okay...snark...I drank two (Cdn) Smirnies when we pulled into the campground here south of Tillamook, OR...and I haven't eaten today -- I think I'm half-schwacked. Cruella and Spinner would be soooo ashamed of me! *cringe*
Time to head into Tillamook and find food...later, folks...
Since Lee is out of the closet and getting schwacked, no wonder fsu has also gone on vacation.

So, what am I complaining about???? I haven't been here or fsu lately. Gotta start posting again, so I'll be ready for the new fs season. What will we complain about if Sasha sits out the entire season? I know--we'll find SOMETHING OR SOMEONE to complain about!

Lynn226

On the Ice
Norlite said:
Maybe we should organize some sort of rally to take it back.

We could ask the Rolling Stones to play at it.

If we all start using it regularly, then it should lose its' impact as a negative association with crs. Sort of like Pavlov's dogs.:laugh: :biggrin:

:biggrin: :biggrin:

euterpe

Medalist
I guess I can manage on here without FSU for one more day, but after that I'm heading off to Saratoga for opening week, and won't be home until late Sunday night.

I was so thrilled Saturday when Giacomo, the 2005 Kentucky Derby winner, finally made it into the winner's circle again when he won the GII $300,000 San Diego Handicap at Del Mar. With the previous Derby winner Smarty Jones retired, and Barbaro still battling to overcome his injury, it's good to see Giacomo victorious again.

skipaway

Rinkside
euterpe said:
I guess I can manage on here without FSU for one more day, but after that I'm heading off to Saratoga for opening week, and won't be home until late Sunday night.

I was so thrilled Saturday when Giacomo, the 2005 Kentucky Derby winner, finally made it into the winner's circle again when he won the GII $300,000 San Diego Handicap at Del Mar. With the previous Derby winner Smarty Jones retired, and Barbaro still battling to overcome his injury, it's good to see Giacomo victorious again.

Ohhhhhh....I'm so envious. I visited Saratoga back in 1998 and have wanted to go back again. I'll have to plan on it in the next year or 2.