Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The GS-FSU Block Party---Let the Good Times Roll!

Go Figure!
    Coaching the Psychonettes....oops the one on the end fell again!
    Big rant.....

We went out to dinner because it was a beautiful evening with low humidity.

We had dinner at one of our favorite Italian Resturants and had a great time.

Our waitress was great and she waited on the table next to us that had a family of five..the parents and three boys..pre-teens to early teens. They had this poor girl runnig around, get this, get that. Well the got the bill and paid it and left a 75 cent tip on a 50 dollar bill. The waitress was upset and almost in tears and I asked her what the problem was and I got the above information.

So when I paid my bill with tip, I gave her an extra 10 dollars to cover the other bill. I told her it was not fair for her to be punished by people in the shallow end of the gene pool. She was grateful since she is making money for college.

There are sure a lot of sh*theads out there!

Custom Title
    I am afraid we have become a society of cheapskates.

Rinkside
    Figureskates, you are a great human being. That was incredibly kind.

On the Ice
    FS, that was nice. It's hard not to take it personally when a cheapskate leaves a bad tip, and I'm sure that made her feel much better.

Wheee, had fun in Williamsburg. I rode the bumper cars with 6-y-o nephew three times, and now he has decided he wants his own car when we ride, so he can chase and bump me! I also got my Mom's pictures from Venice sorted out on her computer, and we got a card reader so I can burn a backup CD for them. For some reason, Mom's hubby's computer doesn't have a CD-burner. I thought they were standard issue?

And I've been using all along. I refuse to let one bad apple spoil a perfectly good smilie!

Medalist
    Back home where just living is my 'reality show'
    This no rep thing is a killer...:P

Okay...snark...I drank two (Cdn) Smirnies when we pulled into the campground here south of Tillamook, OR...and I haven't eaten today -- I think I'm half-schwacked. Cruella and Spinner would be soooo ashamed of me! *cringe*

Time to head into Tillamook and find food...later, folks...

Medalist
    Hannahclear here.

It's slightly insane, but I miss FSU already!

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by AYS
    ...I'm sure there will be pleny o' pup tales coming.
    And pics!!!

Rinkside
    Hah! BR's vacation is an OBVIOUS ploy to try out her pink bikini before SA.

That was dash-cunning of her.

Bah. My snark o' day: My older sister--some of you may remember me "whinging" about her last year--she disappeared for two weeks after Katrina and then just showed up at my older brother's doorstep as if nothing was wrong--strikes again. She ended up moving to Tennessee after Le Storm and took up with some guy. We haven't seen her since last year, and she called a couple of weeks ago to say that she was coming back for a three week vacation.

We know she's arrived, but she hasn't called. AT ALL. My dad is REALLY hurt, my mom is super peeved, especially considering she showed up at her grandmother's (Mimi) asked for money, and then left right after she got it. I guess my older brother, my dad, me, and my younger brother were just fall-backs in case she couldn't get it out of Mimi.

BTW, this is not some dumb 20something--this is a woman who just turned 40.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge
    Ageism! I hate that. She's hardly older than me.
    Yeah, but you're old -- I know, 'cuz I'm about the same...

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    Thank God I found y'all. I was going to implode.

FS, that was very cool what you did for that waitress. When I was a waitress, I hated working Sunday afternoons with the after church crowd. Most (not all) of them were some of the worst tippers around, leaving tips similar to the ones you described. Arg.

My snark? One of my juvenile delinquents tried to start a fight today by using the n-word. Thankfully, I was right there and had him out of the room before the other kids could pummel (pummle?) him senseless. Which I may or may not have been okay with...Hmmm.....

Back to lesson plans. No free time for them tomorrow. Three more weeks, three more weeks, three more weeks.

Moving Forward
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    -- I think I'm half-schwacked. Cruella and Spinner would be soooo ashamed of me! *cringe*
    Well, I'm proud of you. What are vacations for? Besides, I think even a half-schwacked Lee might be very entertaining.

Figureskates, it was super cool of you to leave that extra tip. When I waitressed, it was folks like you that made my day

Matryeshka, I don't think I recall that story about your sis. how aggravating! Your poor parents, having to worry about her after Le Storm with no word.

Slight thread/board drag: I think i've figured out a way to make the job offer I got on Fri work. I do need them to kick in at least $1K extra (measly!), and I am hoping my current boss will be hip to me quitting my job - but still taking on a project management position we've talked about adding (and she's been telling people I'll do even though i've received no formal offer). This would give me the extra hours I need to make a living, would get me out of scheduling stupid appointments, and would get me a great benefits package, whee! I've left a message for the person at the new place to discuss.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by NanXOXOX
    Well, I'm proud of you. What are vacations for? Besides, I think even a half-schwacked Lee might be very entertaining.
    I had a wee nap -- took the edge off the Smirnie indulgence.... So much for 'entertaining'...;p

Yes, FS...you are amazing...

[size=1](I want a 5th wheel like what's trying to park behind me...wow...)

And sympathies to PL, who should be resting her mind right now, not dealing with delinquents, mortgage be damned![/size]
    Last edited by Lee; 07-24-2006 at 06:50 PM.

Rinkside
    :Door slams open...figure stands in doorway, coat streaming with rain, fedora slightly askew...he looks around...bright lights...strangly familiar place, yet...then he sees the doughnuts, and notices the lingering scent of P-skates. His face brightens..."I'm here," he sighs.: Wheeeeeee! As Randy Quaid said,"Hello boys...I'm baaack!"

Go Figure!
    Coaching the Psychonettes....oops the one on the end fell again!
    I knew the stinky P-skates would serve a useful purpose sometime down the road!

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast