Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 489

Thread: The GS-FSU Block Party---Let the Good Times Roll!

  1. #76
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Back home where just living is my 'reality show'
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesgirl
    I actually have the same name somewhere here. I just can't remember the password.

    Doesn't make you dense. How were you suppose to know BR?
    I still don't know who you are...brain is obviously REALLY on holidays!

  2. #77
    cranky girl guinevere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    LOST!
    Posts
    653
    I still don't know who jonesgirl is either. I actually became a member here long before I knew of FSU. A couple of years ago something went on with the board (upgrade?) and all my posts got wiped out, but I used to post here quite a bit.

    One small not-really snark: one of the nice things about working early on Mondays is that I get to crank the AC up to maximum the second I walk i the door, so that by the time it starts to really blister out there, we're at least semi comfortable. Of course, the main office gets a lot colder than my little office, so it's rather an icebox out there I'd gladly trade, though. The colder the better!

  3. #78
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Back home where just living is my 'reality show'
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by guinevere
    One small not-really snark: one of the nice things about working early on Mondays is that I get to crank the AC up to maximum the second I walk i the door, so that by the time it starts to really blister out there, we're at least semi comfortable. Of course, the main office gets a lot colder than my little office, so it's rather an icebox out there I'd gladly trade, though. The colder the better!
    I keep forgetting -- you're in Seattle?

    I'm on the Oregon coast this morning -- just south of Astoria. The drop in temperature as we drove over from near Mount St Helens yesterday was palpable -- and sleeping last night was MUCH easier than the night before! We're looking forward to temps in the low 70's this week as we meander down the coast to northern California.

    I was just blown away by the humidity where we've been the past few days -- just don't get moisture like that in Alberta! Of course, the vegetation was amazing to look at -- ferns and tons of undergrowth...a far cry from the lodgepole pine, spruce and birch we see at home!

  4. #79
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    beyond
    Posts
    55
    Oh well now, we could have a contest to guess who jonesgirl is then.

    Of course, I might have done some research on the subject myself, since it was bugging the **** out of me.

  5. #80
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7
    Hello,
    I also had to find a place to go I regitered here last year, or was it earlier this year? Ah I don't remember.
    Now that I finally decide to post, I must say I love this one it's cool
    Glad to see you all here. Though not everyone's here yet. Ciao for now.

    Edited to avoid misunderstandings.
    Last edited by Lilia; 07-25-2006 at 12:11 AM.

  6. #81
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Back home where just living is my 'reality show'
    Posts
    81
    I've always loved this guy

  7. #82
    Yep It's me!
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge
    Oh well now, we could have a contest to guess who jonesgirl is then.

    Of course, I might have done some research on the subject myself, since it was bugging the **** out of me.

    Maybe I could get Heather to reset my old password and I could be who I was always meant to be???

    Is that possible?

  8. #83
    In love with the axel!
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by guinevere
    One small not-really snark: one of the nice things about working early on Mondays is that I get to crank the AC up to maximum the second I walk i the door, so that by the time it starts to really blister out there, we're at least semi comfortable. Of course, the main office gets a lot colder than my little office, so it's rather an icebox out there I'd gladly trade, though. The colder the better!
    Aaack! Colder is not better in an office. Have pity on the poor folks who are probably out there with sweaters on!

    In our office, we often have to run our space heaters in the summer because the people in charge of the thermostat like it set just slightly higher than "polar".

  9. #84
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    beyond
    Posts
    55
    No it's more fun having you be mystery woman.

    But can't you just ask for a password to be sent to your email?

    The thing is you were posting like everyone would know who you were... did you think we would, or were you waiting to see if anyone would let on.

  10. #85
    In love with the axel!
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilia
    Hello,
    I also had to find a place to go I regitered here last year, or was it earlier this year? Ah I don't remember.
    Now that I finally decide to post, I must say I love this one it's cool
    Glad to see you all(well, not all but some) here. Ciao for now.
    I think you registered in November 2005. Just a guess.

  11. #86
    Yep It's me!
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge
    No it's more fun having you be mystery woman.

    But can't you just ask for a password to be sent to your email?
    Different e-mail address now. It was a while ago, before this board changed over

  12. #87
    cranky girl guinevere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    LOST!
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    I keep forgetting -- you're in Seattle?
    Yep - we've still got another day of the hot before we get the nice 75-80 degree weather for a few days. Last night was terrible, and while today's a little better, my apartment was still about 85 degrees and stuffy this morning, despite 2 powerful fans at full blast and an air filter that puts out cool air. I'd gladly become a church-going woman if we could get a snap blizzard

  13. #88
    cranky girl guinevere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    LOST!
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964
    Aaack! Colder is not better in an office. Have pity on the poor folks who are probably out there with sweaters on!
    Sorry - I have no pity on the sweater set. I have to suffer through winter in the office with the heat on (I rarely turn on the heat in my own house - I like to be COLD, baby!), so they can pack a turtleneck in the summer.

    Truth be told, though, it's not really a problem. I work in an office of 2, and my boss hates heat as much as I do. We have interns who get a little chilled, but they're not here today. Right now I'm all alone, so I can create a nice cozy little icebox all for myself!

  14. #89
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    beyond
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesgirl
    Different e-mail address now. It was a while ago, before this board changed over
    Oh well then you're just stuck being mystery woman-- or should I say "girl".

  15. #90
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964
    I think you registered in November 2005. Just a guess.
    Apparently I did, eh? I didn't know because I hadn't posted before, so I couldn't see the date.

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •