Thread: Entries

Custom Title

Entries

Skate Canada ( http://www.skatecanada.ca/en/athlete...l_assignments/ ) and US Figure Skating ( http://www.usfigureskating.org/Athletes.asp?id=216) already have the initial ones online, but I cant wait to find out more. I cant wait for the new Season to begin

Courchevel, France
    Ladies
    Kang (CAN)
    Szmiett (CAN)
    Hyatt (USA)
    Wagner (USA)

Man
    Ten (CAN)
    Darwish (CAN)
    Kanallakan (USA)
    Oi (USA)

Dance
    Andrea Chong / Spencer Barnes (CAN)
    Bosley/Corona (USA)
    Hubbell/Hubbell (USA)
    Agafonova/Dun (UKR)
    Elena GARKUSINA / Andrejs SITIKS (LAT)

has anyone heard more entries?
    Last edited by Sandra_persch; 07-23-2006 at 02:28 AM.

I see Rachael Flatt will be up against Caroline Zhang in the Mexico City event.

Custom Title
    Seems to me the entries for JGP Courchevel should be out sometime this week. The ISU usually puts them online 4 weeks before the competition, which begins August 24.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe
    Seems to me the entries for JGP Courchevel should be out sometime this week. The ISU usually puts them online 4 weeks before the competition, which begins August 24.
    yes I am waiting as well. I really wanna know the german entries, but the federation usually doesn't publish until a few days prior to the competition

Custom Title
    The Russian Federation doesn't always immediately supply the right JGP names also. They list names, then replace them a few days before the competition starts.

Does the USA team have enough substitutes?

Apparently all the US skaters want to go to France.

Joe

Among the Americans: Who is better?

Kanallakan or Carriere?

Hyatt or Wagner?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Does the USA team have enough substitutes?

Apparently all the US skaters want to go to France.
    It's pretty common to see all or many of the submitted alternates from each country listed per event.

Among the Americans: Who is better?

Kanallakan or Carriere?

Hyatt or Wagner?
    Well, Megan Hyatt was "better" than Ashley Wagner at 2006 U.S. Nationals -- she won the Junior ladies gold medal and Wagner the pewter (4th place), and Hyatt gained some valuable international experience at Junior Worlds last March even though she didn't place highly there. In the new season, Wagner landed 7 triples in winning the Junior Ladies FS Final at the Liberty summer competition earlier this month, while Hyatt landed fewer triples in placing 3rd in the Senior Ladies Final free skate at Skate Detroit this past weekend, so Wagner appears to be more "ready to go" at this early point in the season.
    ETA: Ashley Wagner scored a win in her first junior international at Triglav Trophy this past April, and was 10 points higher than the silver medalist, Kathryn Kang of Canada, whom she will face again in Courchevel next month.

Austin Kanallakan was "better" than Stephen Carriere at the Junior Grand Prix Final in December 2005, winning the silver medal to Carriere's 6th place, but then one month later Carriere won the Junior men's title at 2006 Nationals (landing his first triple axel in competition there) and went on to place 4th at Junior Worlds.

Carriere made his senior debut at Liberty earlier this month and landed his first-ever quad toe loop in the FS to win the event. Kanallakan competed junior at Liberty and skated well there, as did Curran Oi (2006 U.S. Novice bronze medalist), who will be competing in Courchevel with Kanallakan (Carriere is scheduled for the Budapest JGP, not France). IMO, Kanallakan is a more "complete package" skater than Oi at this point, with more choreography and expression in his skating, but both are very talented and it could come down to who lands the most triples (Oi landed more triples at Liberty and he placed ahead of Kanallakan by about 5 points and was "better" there, results-wise by one place, 3rd to 4th).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-26-2006 at 01:00 PM.

I can't find any notes on Kanallakan from last year's Nats, so I will be looking forward to seeing him in Spokane.

Carriere I find a tad boring. He has excellent technique and executes his elements perfectly. I think it is just that he is a tecnical perfectionist that bores me. I don't see anything of Carriere's feelings in his performance. However, that technical excellence will make him the top contender in JGPs and US Nats.

As I said before, Junior Boys seem to do extremely well in one competition and then poorly in another.

The Junior Girls, for me, pretty much look alike in style and content. If Flat and Zhang are skating Juniors at Nats, that will make me sit up.

Joe

Tripping on the Podium

The Junior Girls, for me, pretty much look alike in style and content. If Flat and Zhang are skating Juniors at Nats, that will make me sit up.

Joe
    Joe,

Rachael Flatt has tested up to Senior, she will only be able to compete at Nationals as a Senior Lady. I'm not sure about Caroline Zhang, she may still be a Junior Lady.

NC