Toller Cranston - Interview | Golden Skate

Toller Cranston - Interview

76olympics

On the Ice
Thanks, Ladskater! I like to read anything related to Toller. He is guaranteed to galvanize you. His 1975-76 short program is a thing of beauty forever. I love to watch that. I also think his interpretation of "Kalinka" in the exhibition at 1975 Worlds in Moscow is as fine as any Russian version I have seen. He has great arm movements which are not random at all and superlative flexibility. He looks like he could dislocate his hip on those leg kicks!

Here is a copy of the Kalinka exhibition-if anyone is interested! It is not a long clip, but it is WONDERFUL (IMHO!)!

Toller in Moscow--1975 - clip to "Kalinka":

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=358454EE4D11410D

Last edited:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Thanks! Yes, Toller really knew how to "sell" a program - he chose the perfect music and choreography for a Russian audience. He always did the best Russian Split jumps I have ever seen of any skater. Toller is one of my all time favorite male skaters and always will be an inspiration to me.

Thanks for your reply.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks 76Olympics for that video. I can't watch it right now, I'm at work but can't wait to do so.

Dee

76olympics said:
Thanks, Ladskater! I like to read anything related to Toller. He is guaranteed to galvanize you. His 1975-76 short program is a thing of beauty forever. I love to watch that. I also think his interpretation of "Kalinka" in the exhibition at 1975 Worlds in Moscow is as fine as any Russian version I have seen. He has great arm movements which are not random at all and superlative flexibility. He looks like he could dislocate his hip on those leg kicks!

Here is a copy of the Kalinka exhibition-if anyone is interested! It is not a long clip, but it is WONDERFUL (IMHO!)!

Toller in Moscow--1975 - clip to "Kalinka":

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=358454EE4D11410D
Well done Russian character dance on ice. He believed in skating to the beat of the music, and with his excellent technique he was a master. He's among my short list of great musical skaters.

Joe