Violence In My Neighbourhood | Golden Skate

Violence In My Neighbourhood

L

Ladskater

Violence In My Neighbourhood

It's a little bit too close to home - a shooting took place in an apt. complex across the street from my apt. complex. There was 28 police cars in and around the complex when I came home! Three suspects are still on the lose - kind of makes me nervous. I hate it here. This is Surrey not LA.

Ladskater

D

Dee4707

Re: Violence In My Neighbourhood

Lad, one morning I walked out the door and there was man standing on the stairs up from my apt. As I came out, he turned and I noticed he was holding a gun. Being the goofy person that I am, I said, "Hello." Some action took place and he turned and I saw Police on his jacket. He said go inside and called the owner. I did what he said and then thought I don't know the owner and I'm going to be really late for work. I poked my head out the door and saw that they were on the upper level trying to get into the apartment. I proceeded to go out the door and down the stairs outside and when I opened the door, there were a gazillion police outside (not really, just thought I would make it interesting). Anyhow, the police outside said you should have stayed in your apartment. I said I know but I have a meeting I need to be at. They just shook their heads. To make a long story short, Lad, I think this is common occurrance in this day and age. I don't think there are any real safe places left.

I found out later that it was a drug bust. The man they hauled out I had spoken to and was very nice.

Dee

S

sk8tngcanuck

Wow, Ladskater!

I knew you were on the lower mainland, but didn't realize it was Surrey! I was born in Surrey, and lived there until I was 9. We then moved to the Interior. I returned to Surrey to live after I completed High School, but only lasted 5 months. I HATED IT. It was awful. I used to work at a restaurant on KG Highway, and I lived in one of the less desirable areas, Whalley. I couldn't imagine still being there. I feel for you.

Canuck

D

dlksk8fan

Lad-in the next city over from me a 28 year old registered gang member shot and killed a police officer after a routine traffic stop. He stole the police car and forced himself into his in laws house. They arrested him, but it just goes to show you that things like that can happen anywhere.

The officer was only on the police force for 13 months and had a wife and 6 month old baby. Very sad.

L

Ladskater

sk8tngcanuck:

It's ten times worse since you lived here; where do you live now? My sister lives in Kelowna and loves it. I probably would too. Someday, I hope to leave the lower mainland. It's too populated for me. Thanks for the reply.

Ladskater

L

Ladskater

Thanks folks. I know one can't escape what's happening out there. It was just a little too close for comfort! I have had several horrible things happen to me in the last three or four years. Wish I could live elsewhere, but for the time being I am stuck here.

Ladskater

S

skaterskickbutt

Last year for a 1 year We moved to San Diego. That was an aful decision. ( for the record, Kemah Texas is paradice, nothing bad goes on there, just pure heaven, it is a tourist town btw)
Anyways my dad has a porche and he had is parked outside this fancy resturant in San Diego,it was in a kinda bad aera, full of gangs, anyway my dad saw ou the window that 2 black men were looking in trhe window, for some stupid reason, as I was calling the police he went outside to see what they were doing, they pulled a gun on my dad and demanded his money and the keys he gave them both and they pulled out right into an oncoming police car (hahahha!):rollin: So theyyy were arrested and to pay 800 dollars for dent repair and 5 years in jail for attempted murder ( I htink thatis what you call it)

N

Norlite1

Was that above post an attempt at a joke? Because whether it was or not, it was very strange and offensive. :rolleyes:

S

sk8cynic

Honey, I hate to break it to you, but if a porSche (surely if you have a 'Suma Cum laude' from your high school you can spell the name of your dad's car correctly) being driven in an attempted car-jacking hit a police cruiser, the damage would be more than a "dent", and the repair cost would be more like $8,000.00, not $800.

S

skaterskickbutt

My first question is How in the World could that be offencive?MY second question is How is it strange , And thridly I have to say I am sick and tired of people saying that I am lying I am not ! I DO NOT LIE!:rolleyes: And it was 800 because my fiance's uncle owned this certian repair shop, and he gave my dad a very low price, sice I was his nephew's (then ) girlfriend I am tried of people doing this to me

S

skaterskickbutt

and as for my spelling...........HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I SAID THAT I AM WAY OFF ON MY TYPING AND NOT REALLY THAT GOOD IN SPELLING!:rolleyes:

S

sk8cynic

So please confirm for the readers here what you have claimed in the past, namely that you're a 6 ft, 110 lb, 36DDD junior level skater who's going to be modeling for Victoria's Secret and who's father is a former Mayor of Houston and whose mom bought them a Mercedes just like Sasha's (yet you couldn't even come up with the make of the car). All true, right?

Sorry, but that's pretty :rolleyes: as far as I'm concerned.

B

buttcheesesoup

If you're not that good in spelling, how is it that you graduated summa cum laude from high school, of all things? How stupid do you think people are to believe such outrageous lies?

B

bunghodog

coming from someone who lives in the houston/clearlake area, alot of bad things happen here.

L

Ladskater

Oh dear! Did I "open a tin of worms?" I was in such shock over this incident in my neck of the woods, I had to express it somewhere. I hope skaterskickbutt and sk8cynic settle their differences.

Just a suggestion for skaterskickbutt - there is a spell checker button and the dictionary is also good to have handy. Also, proofread what you type. I always check my posts for mistakes before sending them.

Ladskater

A

Aria

SkatersKickButt

LadSkater-
You didn't open a can of worms. SkatersKickButt is a notorious troll who opens up a can everywhere she posts.

G

Grgranny

Re: SkatersKickButt

Thanks Aria. It had been so long since we had a troll I had forgotten there was such a thing but I think you're right. So I guess it's better to just ingnore 'IT".

S

sk8cynic

Re: SkatersKickButt

Before I drive the moderators nuts and members start saying, "Well there goes Cynic again, would someone please muzzle her?" I would like to address something.

SKB, I gather that you get the feeling that people are starting to surround you much like sharks around prey. I posted what I did for several reasons for reaching the conclusion that you have been less than honest about yourself.

It is physically impossible have the body type you claim to possess. My sister is a dancer, she's 5'3 and weighs 106 lbs with very little fat, and she's skinny as a rail. For you to weigh 110 lbs and be 6 ft. tall, you would resemble a survivor of Auschwitz (if you were even alive), your body would be covered with lanugo, your bustline would be completely flat, and there would be very little muscle mass as your body would have already started cannibalizing itself in a last-ditch effort to stay alive. There is absolutely no way you could have this body type and be skating at the junior level. You'd be struggling just to walk across the room.

I'm not even going to address the other personal claims you have made, but for the life of me, I don't understand why someone would make stuff like this up. At GS, there's no need to lie about yourself. We accept people for who they are, and there is no need to lie in order to try and impress others. In the past, on other forums, after you have been called out on some of the things you have said, people have made a genuine attempt to try and understand, and you have shunned them. This wasn't poking fun at you, but a legitimate concern that someone as young as yourself (JMHO and the opinion of many others that you are actually younger than 17) may be in an unhappy, unhealthy situation to the point that you feel you must tell falsehoods, or at the very least, embellish the daylights out of the truth to the point that truth gets lost, in order to be accepted and/or liked.

For all of my bombast and bluntness, I am an good listener as long as people shoot straight with me. If you need to talk, you can always PM me, or I am sure there are several other people here that would be willing to lend an ear - GS is a compassionate bunch with great comeraderie. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here - I don't like the idea that you are a troll, just as I am not happy trolls even exist. I only ask that you be honest and forthright in what you write.