Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: What do you do for a living?

Want house?

Actually, up until a few years ago, I was a voice (singing) teacher in college and in my own private studio. I have Bachelor and Master of Music degrees in Vocal Performance (Classical). I changed careers when my daughter began 1st grade so I'd have more flexible hours to be with her. I still perform occasionally, just did a concert at a well-known San Diego venue last month--it was such a lot of fun.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa
    Lynn, is that lead as in the metal or lead as in leader?
    Leader. Basically, middle management.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn226
    Leader. Basically, middle management.
    Thanks. I was trying to figure out why we archive lead (the metal.)

In about a month or so, I will begin grad school in Indiana. Once classes begin, I will not have time to watch competitions, so I am grateful that I have found this forum. Thus, I can concentrate on school work and keep up with figure skating throughout the school year.

Tripping on the Podium
    In August I will be a college freshman. I'm thinking about changing my major from criminal justice to nursing. I will also have a part time job on campus to help pay back some student loans.

Rinkside
    I torture teenagers for a living. It's great fun. I start out with the The Great Gatsby, The Scarlett Letter, various long and symbolic poems, and to end the year, I make them all take the AP Exam in English.

Bwahahahahahahah!!!!

In other words, I teach Gifted/AP English to Juniors. To those non-'Merikun types, that means American Literature to kids ages 16-17.

Custom Title
    I am a chemist. I work for a pharmaceutical company, in the analytical method developing department.

Rinkside

What do you do for a living?

Print journalist/photo journalist/paper girl, can you tell I work at a "small" paper...its pretty sweet, first "real" job out of college and I up and moved to Montana from Massachusetts, snowboarding is a lot harder then skating

Custom Title
    Former accountant. Now I work for my local park district's pro shop at their rink and teach learn to skate.
    Also I have a full time job riding herd on my 13 year old daughter.

I am a stay at home mother to three lovely children. Previously, I have been a swimming instructor, office assistant at a university, lab technician, office assistant at a doctor's office. I also have a BA degree in Environmental Geography. Now I spend my day taking my three children to all on their activities and I love it. My son plays hockey all year round except a couple of months and soccer. My daughter plays everything; soccer, basketball, gymnastics and of course, she figure skates. She also takes voice and piano. My littlest tags along for now. All of them swim as well. I am very lucky to be able to stay at home with them. Maybe I will have a 'career' when they get a bit older.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4