What do you do for a living? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

What do you do for a living?

K-Mo

On the Ice
swissmiss said:
for fun/extra money I play in pit orchestras for musical theater.

FUN!!! :rock: I used to do that in college, and I LOVED being in the pit!

Now, I teach Kindergarten.

Lynn226

On the Ice
I work as a Lead Archives Technician for the U.S. Government.

It's not as much fun as it sounds.;)

April

Rinkside
I am a customer service representative in the health care industry. I also attend school for accounting.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Want house? :biggrin:

Actually, up until a few years ago, I was a voice (singing) teacher in college and in my own private studio. I have Bachelor and Master of Music degrees in Vocal Performance (Classical). I changed careers when my daughter began 1st grade so I'd have more flexible hours to be with her. I still perform occasionally, just did a concert at a well-known San Diego venue last month--it was such a lot of fun. :)

Lonewolf

On the Ice
In about a month or so, I will begin grad school in Indiana. Once classes begin, I will not have time to watch competitions, so I am grateful that I have found this forum. Thus, I can concentrate on school work and keep up with figure skating throughout the school year.

flutterby1145

Rinkside
In August I will be a college freshman. I'm thinking about changing my major from criminal justice to nursing. I will also have a part time job on campus to help pay back some student loans.

Matryeshka

Rinkside
I torture teenagers for a living. It's great fun. I start out with the The Great Gatsby, The Scarlett Letter, various long and symbolic poems, and to end the year, I make them all take the AP Exam in English.

Bwahahahahahahah!!!!

In other words, I teach Gifted/AP English to Juniors. To those non-'Merikun types, that means American Literature to kids ages 16-17.

bobby

Rinkside
Print journalist/photo journalist/paper girl, can you tell I work at a "small" paper...its pretty sweet, first "real" job out of college and I up and moved to Montana from Massachusetts, snowboarding is a lot harder then skating

megsk8z

On the Ice
Former accountant. Now I work for my local park district's pro shop at their rink and teach learn to skate.
Also I have a full time job riding herd on my 13 year old daughter.

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
I am a stay at home mother to three lovely children. Previously, I have been a swimming instructor, office assistant at a university, lab technician, office assistant at a doctor's office. I also have a BA degree in Environmental Geography. Now I spend my day taking my three children to all on their activities and I love it. My son plays hockey all year round except a couple of months and soccer. My daughter plays everything; soccer, basketball, gymnastics and of course, she figure skates. She also takes voice and piano. My littlest tags along for now. All of them swim as well. I am very lucky to be able to stay at home with them. Maybe I will have a 'career' when they get a bit older.