What is going on in the Mid East? | Golden Skate

What is going on in the Mid East?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Maybe this is too much, but I would like to know what you all think.

This is really getting scary, I can just imagine the people there - I so feel for them.

Is it just the way the media can cover all of these events now or is it really getting worse in our world.

And what is going on in Somalia lately. Was Syria funding some of this too? Is this an attack from all sides as a "cunning snake." Is the cunning snake acutely the one asking for the strike to justify their retaliation - I am really frickin' confused here - WYTH is going on. It is not getting better. I don't think I can side with anyone who kills innocents, and I can't hardly tell what "innocent" is anymore. Someone just help the children!

I hate to say it with light of things that have happened - but I do really like what I heard Bush say today on "closed circuit." Not quite sure if I know what is right or wrong here, but to hear him get down to the nitty gritty is a step that needs to be taken if there is going to be a future. It just comes back to the kids, what about the kids. Brain washed, in danger, don't know what to believe - just told to and will they live to ever see peace? OOF!

Yep, being going on for centuries - there is something in the Bible that says the sons of Ismail and David (I THINK) will always be at war. But in light of the recent ESCALATION of full on war tactics, not the "underground activities" that government tries to say they are free of or can't get a clear, "yes that was me."- now here comes another cycle of Advertised government declarations of attack.

Dilemma galore. I just need to get that off my chest and see what others might think.

Last edited:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
It's frightening what is happening in Lebanon!!! Evacutating all foreigners back to their own countries really means something horrific is happening. Canada had quite a struggle getting Canadians out - mainly because we don't have the military manpower and equipment over there to handle such an undertaking. Anyway after taking some heat our Prime Minister - Stephen Harper - used his personal jet to take some Canadians out. I think they are greatful, but a little confused as to what his stance is on the whole issue.

Wolfgang

On the Ice
I'm sorry to say this isn't anything new.
In some form or another, they've been doing this for at least 5,000 years.......
It's a little more spectacular today, with rockets and bombs and stuff, and that's about the only difference.

heyang

Record Breaker
I agree that this has been going on for years. It's a very complex issue.

While it's mostly desert, it's a strategically valuable location and rich in oil. While we can't get past geography, it would help if alternatives to oil were to be developed.

Frankly, I'd like to see individual countries (especially the US) to not send forces, unless it's under the UN as international peacekeepers.

ChelleC

Rinkside
SeaniBu said:
Yep, being going on for centuries - there is something in the Bible that says the sons of Ismail and David (I THINK) will always be at war.

Isaac and Ishmael, both were the sons of Abraham. The Jews are descendants of Isaac while the Arabs are descendants of Ishmael. Christians and Jews believe that Isaac was the one Abraham was commanded to sacrifice, while Muslims believe it was Ishmael.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
ChelleC said:
Isaac and Ishmael, both were the sons of Abraham. The Jews are descendants of Isaac while the Arabs are descendants of Ishmael. Christians and Jews believe that Isaac was the one Abraham was commanded to sacrifice, while Muslims believe it was Ishmael.

Thanks for getting the right info to me:agree: I am vaguely remembering that about the sons of Abraham. Makes me wonder why they don't know, and if there is a reason they don't. MFT is because it shouldn't have mattered who, it was what Abraham did at the "test of faith" (maybe I have that wrong too) that was the whole point of that. Just thoughts;)