Harry Potter Book #5 | Golden Skate

Harry Potter Book #5

R

RealtorGal

Harry Potter Book #5

<span style="color:red;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">RealtorGal Jr. and I are off to Borders to pick up our reserved copy of the book. At 5 p.m. we lined up to receive our numbered ticket for all those who pre-ordered the book (they had our names on a list). We are #14. They will start calling us at about ten of midnight. She is dressed up as Harry Potter--it's so cute! A magician will entertain at 11. I want to be there early to get a parking space--then I think a cup of coffee will be in order! :D

We are both very excited!</span>

S

Show 42

Re: Harry Potter Book #5

That is so exciting. I preordered at Walden Books. They open at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. It's just as well. If I got it at midnight, I'd be up all night reading. I can't wait! 42

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:navy;font-family:georgia;font-size:small;">12:20 a.m. and we just got back with our new treasure! I can't wait to start reading! Thank heaven we got there at 5 to get our ticket number because we were the first group called. Otherwise, we would probably be in line for AT LEAST another hour or so. </span>

<span style="color:red;font-family:georgia;font-size:small;">Isn't it wonderful that the national obsession is not some insipid toy but a BOOK? How great is that!</span>

D

dlksk8fan

RealtorGal-
What a trooper for staying out so late and waiting in line for 7 hours! I could never do it, though I did ask my youngest son if he wanted to get the book when it first came out. He said and I quote "I would rather wait a couple of weeks till the lines die down to buy the book". Spoken like a true Kaplan.:lol:

Let us know how she likes it.

T

thvudragon

I pre-ordered mine via amazon, so I get it today in the mail :) .

TV

R

RealtorGal

HP#5

Oh, I did NOT wait in line for seven hours! :eek: Actually, we went at 5:00, waited 5 MINUTES, got our "boarding pass" (Gryffyndor #14) then went home. We came back at 9:00, found a parking space, left again to get pizza (across the street), came back at 10, read magazines until 11, watched a magic show until midnight (actually RG Jr. watched while I read Hillary's book), then picked up our book and were in the car by 12:10 a.m.

D

dlksk8fan

Re: HP#5

I'm glad to know you didn't wait in line all that time:) By the way did you buy Hillary's book?

S

sk8tngcanuck

Book

My son read in the newspaper that the local book store was having a Potter Style Celebration beginning at `11pm last night, so off he and I went. It was actually very enjoyable. He and I had our new book in hand by 12:30 am, and off we raced home to fight over who gets to read it first. Only one little problem....it was a very expensive book considering on the way home I got a $115.00 fine for failing to come to a complete stop at a stop sign:( Heck it was the middle of the night and no one was around... or so I thought!

The very worst part of all is I also lost to my son at Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who got to read first.

$43.00 for the book, $115.00 for the traffic citation, the look on his face while reading the first pages... PRICELESS!

Canuck

S

Show 42

Re: Book

Wow, canuck, that was a heck of a price to pay..........I got my book at 7:00 a.m. this morning, and have read the first two chapters. I am trying to pace myself and not sit down for four hours and read the whole thing........42

L

Lcp88

I was up at midnight, and for the fun of it I went to Borders and picked up my copy too. What was really neat was that the main street leading up to Borders was made to look like Diagon Alley, with all the shops re-named after the book names and chocolate frogs for sale. I really enjoyed those!
Laura

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:purple;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">How much is $43 Canadian dollars with in USD?? I paid $18 plus tax for first night sale price.</span>

S

sk8tngcanuck

cdn funds

$43.00 Cdn is the equivalent of about $23.00 US funds.

S

Show 42

Does anyone want to discuss the book by chapters? I just finished chapter 4............42

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:maroon;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">I'm on page 400. RG Jr. is in the mid 100s. I love it! And I'd be glad to discuss.</span>