View Poll Results: Who should Sasha have stayed with?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Nicks

35 46.05%
  • Tatiana Tarasova

32 42.11%
  • Robin Wagner

6 7.89%
  • Other coach

3 3.95%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Who should Sasha have stayed with?

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb
    Well skip the thread - is there anyone holding a gun to your head forcing you to read?

Ant
    maybe not but old=stale in my opinion.

IMO, there isn't any skater who could have lived up to the hype about Sasha.
    It's pretty tough for any skater to be clean all the time. Damn, even "The Kween" can't do that. If she can't do it, then tell me, who the heck can?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog

It's pretty tough for any skater to be clean all the time. Damn, even "The Kween" can't do that. If she can't do it, then tell me, who the heck can?
    I don't think Sasha's failure to be clean all the time is the reason why she never lived up to her hype. Instead, she failed to live up to her hype because, other than the one cheesefest, she never skated cleanly in all phases of the competition in any event. However, Sasha's results would be impressive if she was just another elite skater, but skaters who are hyped as "the greatest ever" (per Dick and Peggy) are supposed to win golds.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan
    I don't think Sasha's failure to be clean all the time is the reason why she never lived up to her hype. Instead, she failed to live up to her hype because, other than the one cheesefest, she never skated cleanly in all phases of the competition in any event. However, Sasha's results would be impressive if she was just another elite skater, but skaters who are hyped as "the greatest ever" (per Dick and Peggy) are supposed to win golds.
    And I think you're right on. But it makes me wonder how many skaters go clean in an entire competition. You just have to do enough to win, and in Cohen's case it's meant being clean throughout the entire competition. I venture that few skaters can do that.

I think it also has to do with some fans so engrossed in her performance that they allow any mistake she makes to take away from their "experience". Then they harp on that mistake from now till 2030.

But frankly I think we're talking about a has-been here. I'd be surprised if we ever see her on competition ice again (unless she's a replacement or something).

But frankly I think we're talking about a has-been here. I'd be surprised if we ever see her on competition ice again (unless she's a replacement or something).
    I for one hope you are wrong. I think and hope we will see her compete again.

Down With It
    Time for the next generation of skaters. The old ones are just clinging onto a frayed rope right now. Blunt but true...look at Kwan, fighting through injury...Cohen, fighting through motivation...and Slutskaya, fighting through illness...

Banned
    I don't think that it would have made a difference at all if she had stayed with any of those coaches, or moved on to others. Sasha's biggest demons are within herself, and there is no coach that can fix it.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dancindiva03
    Sasha's biggest demons are within herself, and there is no coach that can fix it.
    I don't think Sasha has any demons. She has given me several years of beautiful skating. She is not perfect nor has there been any skater that has been and I can say that as fact.

Dee

I don't think that it would have made a difference at all if she had stayed with any of those coaches, or moved on to others. Sasha's biggest demons are within herself, and there is no coach that can fix it.
    That is THE ANSWER to the topic question. She put the cart before the horse. Sad, indeed.

Joe

Down With It
    Sasha's biggest demons are within herself, and there is no coach that can fix it.
    Demons, perhaps, but only the demons that make her slip up. For everything else the coach or choreographer has to be given credit.

Demons, perhaps, but only the demons that make her slip up. For everything else the coach or choreographer has to be given credit.
    In that case all the coaches and choreographers are due their credit, however, the demons which make her slip up were more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post

To me, the problem lies not in the coaches but in Sasha herself. Am I the only one to believe this (except Peggy)??

Joe
    I definetly agree with Joesitz! Tatiana Tarasova quit working with Sasha in the first place because Sasha was too "unfocused" (as TT stated) on her practices.

Thank you for that true statement, Joe!
    Last edited by doubleaxel; 08-21-2006 at 04:22 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3