Thread: Shizuka's 14-jump combo

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuranthium
    Actually, it was:

Triple Toe
    2x - Double Toe
    10x - Single Toe
    Single Looop

I don't see the point of doing that many single jumps in a row....
    I heard Shizza and Yukari did it in Dream On Ice encore (on 7/16). Maybe that's why Yukari looks bit tired in Skate Detroit

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122
    The Zayak rule only applies to tripples and higher (except in pairs where it applies to double axles). This jump combination wouldn't count because it has more than three jumps. A lot more.
    not certain but i think there was another thread recently where the 3-jump limit was discussed for a few posts, and it turns out there is no limit...it was an assumption which became accepted as truth, but nothing could be found in print.

Either that, or it WAS a limit, but a communication went out recently which dispensed with it

(maybe somebody remembers the thread)

Quote Originally Posted by tully
    not certain but i think there was another thread recently where the 3-jump limit was discussed for a few posts, and it turns out there is no limit...it was an assumption which became accepted as truth, but nothing could be found in print.

Either that, or it WAS a limit, but a communication went out recently which dispensed with it

(maybe somebody remembers the thread)
    The maximum number of jumps allowed in combination is 3 and the skater may only do it once in a competitive free program but, obviously, in exhibitions the skater is free to do whatever combinations s/he likes.

There was a threada few days ago where we were discussing sequences and how seemingly the number wasn't limited and how you could do several jumps legally in a sequence. While that remains the truth it hink it was hockeyfan who remembered the rule stating that if a skater executes a sequence only the two hardest jumps will score points.

Ant

On the Ice
    Good for her... but don't tell anybody else our olympic champion cheats some of her double jumps...

Rooting for the Kerrs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuranthium
    Actually, it was:

Triple Toe
    2x - Double Toe
    10x - Single Toe
    Single Looop

I don't see the point of doing that many single jumps in a row....

You sure? It's hard to tell but I thought they were doubles. Just rewatched and you're right some of them might be singles (the last few), but the rest look like they could be doubles to me. I think the video's confusing me! lol

Custom Title
    I thought most were supposed to be doubles, but as the combo goes on, the doubles become very cheated, rotating almost a revolution on ice, so who knows. Still, it was impressive on that clip-I'm sure the audience loved it live!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by icenut84
    You sure? It's hard to tell but I thought they were doubles.
    After the first two doubles it looks to me like she is only getting 1.5 rotations in the air, with the blade completing the rotation on the ice for the rest of the jumps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2