Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GS Pizza Bake Off

Tripping on the Podium
    Any kind of pizza that is actually eaten by me IN ITALY!!!!!!! I'd even eat anchovies if it meant I could be there!

Not the droid you're looking for
    My favorite pizza is nearly homemade, except for the sauces, and sometimes, the crust. A nice regular crust on the pizza, topped with a thin coat of pesto, lots of marinara, carmelized sweet onions and an equal mix of mozarella and extra-sharp cheddar. (Some sauteed mushrooms might be good on it too, if you enjoy fungus. I avoid it, myself.)
    I could go for one right now - the Weight Watcher's frozen entree I'm currently washing down with diet soda just pales in comparison.
    Sigh.
    Rave

Anybody have a Nick n' Willy's take n' bake? They have a Mediterranean that is awesome.

Rinkside
    Pizza...nummy. I have more than one ultimate pizza, depending on my mood.

Ultimate pizza #1: Thin, crispy crust, light tomato sauce--and I mean light, as in next to nothing--LOTS of mozzerella, pepperoni, mushroom, and Italian sausage.

Ultimate pizza #2: Thin crust, pesto sauce, mozzerella and feta cheese from The Mello Mushroom.

Ultimate pizza #3: This pizza has a specific name, but I forget what it is. Crust that's thicker than most thin crust, but not quite medium. Olive oil is drizzled all over it (uummm...olive oil.....tasty), tomato slices, basil, and a light sprinkling of parmesan.

Medalist
    My ultimate pizza is thin crust with pesto mixed in, thin layer of sauce, blend of mozzarella, parmesean and a bit of fontina cheese, slices of fresh Roma tomatoes and whole pieces of basil on top.

Like my pizza very thin crispy crust sauce of course and nothing but CHEESE

Can't do meat on anything with cheese (nothing to do with religon)

Tripping on the Podium
    Matryeshka, your third one sounds like a pizza Margerita.

As for me, I'd have to say thin crust, a little bit of sauce, a lot of cheese, mozzarella and provolone, and pepperoni, banana peppers, onions, and ham.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC
    Matryeshka, your third one sounds like a pizza Margerita.
    I was thinking It sounded like the Blanco, from Jalino's.

I love the BBQ chicken pizza with red onions, cheese, tomato sauce from California Pizza Kitchen.

But to be truthful, I'm kind of a pizza fair weather friend: I'll go wherever the pizza tastes good.

Rinkside
    New york style crust with sauce, lots of cheese, pepperoni (always on top so they get crispy), sausage, bell peppers, onions and roasted garlic.

On the Ice
    Regular crust, not too thin, with mushrooms, onions, spicy sausage, jalapeno peppers, then the cheese, then pepperonis, then a sprinkling of parmesan after it comes out of the oven. MMMMMMMM!

Then I like to mix mayo, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, basil and oregano into a sauce to dip the crusts in.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaniBu
    I was thinking It sounded like the Blanco, from Jalino's.

It could be. I've never heard of Jalino's though.

My favourite Pizza recently is one from a restaurant near me called kroma - its a think and crispy base no tomato sauce instead a cream fraiche with garlic, smoked haddock lemon and herbs, a poached egg and emmental cheese.

It is exquisite and quite different for a pizza.

Ant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2