Entries | Golden Skate

Entries

Sandra_persch

On the Ice
Skate Canada ( http://www.skatecanada.ca/en/athlete...l_assignments/ ) and US Figure Skating ( http://www.usfigureskating.org/Athletes.asp?id=216) already have the initial ones online, but I cant wait to find out more. I cant wait for the new Season to begin

Ladies
Cannarozzo(USA)
Oberstar(USA)

Man
Joey Russell (CAN)
Carriere(USA)
Halverson (USA)

Dance
Joanna Lenko / Mitchell Islam(CAN)
Rosenthal/Taylor (USA)
Tomarchio/Sinchak(USA)

Pairs
Valène Maheu / Pierre Coté (CAN)
Brooke Paulin / Nathan Last (CAN)
Emilie Demers-Boutin / Pierre-Philippe Joncas (CAN)
McLaughlin/Brubaker (USA)
Paetsch/Nuss (USA)
Pflumm/Pottenger (USA)

has anyone heard more entries?

Last edited:
Carriere is here too!

Interesting Pairs team will be McLaughlin and Brubaker. He did very well with his former partner before she outgrew him.

Joe

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
McLaughlin/Brubaker won the Junior Pairs event at the Liberty Open a couple of weeks ago. The good news is they are off to a good start. The bad news is that Keauna is only 13 and won't be able to compete at the Senior level for two more years, and this is Rockne's last year as a Junior. They have to make a really big splash internationally this season because they will be in limbo for the 2007-2008 season.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's true that McLaughlin/Brubaker can do "B" Internationals in the 2007-2008 season, but there aren't that many "B"s that have Pair events, and the ISU is very stingy with ISU ranking points even for "B" winners. In addition, few "B" events are chosen for the Season's Best Scores list.

It's not so much the 2007-2008 season that is a concern, but the 2008-2009 GP invitations are based on (a) finish at Worlds in 2007-2008 (b) ISU Ranking and (c) Season's Best Ranking. This team is very promising, but the lack of competitive opportunities could stall their momentum, and sometimes that is discouraging enough to cause another Pairs split.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
McLaughlin/Brubaker would also be age-eligible for the Senior Grand Prix in 2007-08 (like Mao Asada was last year) *IF* they were invited (this is, of course, assuming that they have a stellar junior international season in 2006-07. :))

The Budapest JGP has a very deep-looking men's event with Carriere (4th at Jr. Worlds), Takahito Mura (5th), Sweden's Adrian Schultheiss (won a JGP gold & silver last fall), Germany's Philipp Tischendorf (won a JGP bronze last fall), Russia's Vladimir Uspenski (Alexander's brother), Eliot Halverson (JGP debut) and more!

Also, Katherine Hadford (HUN) and the brother/sister pair of Yang/Yang (TPE/Taiwan) are based in the USA. Hadford previously qualified for 2005 U.S. Nationals and placed 17th in senior ladies (she competed in Hungarian Nationals this past season).

When I read posts like these I want to see some Junior competitions. I'm sure none of it will be on TV. I will get to see some American Jrs in Spokane, but no international,

BTW, what is a B International?

Joe

euterpe

Medalist
"B" Internationals are events like Nepela, Nebelhorn, Karl Schafer, Finlandia, Golden Spin.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Few top skaters go to "B" Internationals, so the 'also rans' get a shot at medals. Here are some medalwinners from last season:

NEPELA
Men: Scott Smith, Kevin Van Der Perren, Tomas Verner
Ladies: Julia Sebestyen, Alissa Czisny, Amber Corwin
Dance: Beknazarova/Zuyev, Akimova/Shakalov, Hajkova/Vincour

NEBELHORN
Men: Stefan Lindemann, Noriyuki Kanzaki, Tomas Verner
Ladies: Elena Sokolova, Alisa Drei, Beatrisa Liang
Pairs: Savchenko/Szolkowy, Duhamel/Arnold, Hinzmann/Parchem
Dance: Belbin/Agosto, Drobiazko/Vanagas, Beier/Beier

KARL SCHAFER (Vienna Cup) - this was the Olympic qualification competition
Men: Tomas Verner, Gregor Urbas, Vakhtang Murvanidze
Ladies: Yan Liu, Yong Suk Kim [PRK], Fleur Maxwell
Pairs: Volosozhar/ Morozov, Langlois/Hay, Vise/Trent
Dance: Drobiazko/Vanagas, Fraser/Lukanin, Beier/Beier

GOLDEN SPIN
Men: Gregor Urbas, Marc Andre Craig, Ilya Klimkin
Ladies: Alisa Drei, Megan Duhamel, Silvia Fontana
Pairs: Duhamel/Arnold, Ushakova/Karev, Beriau/Gazzola
Dance: Beknazarova/Zuyev, Mallory/Holdburg, Hajkova/Vincour

Chuckum - From the list of medal winners you presented, there are a number of big names who enter 'B' competitions.

When I was following closely Weir's career after seeing debut in Nationals and then his following Nats from which he was forced to go to Finlandia (I believe) the next year, I think 'B' comps may well be worth watching.

Joe

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The problem is we CAN'T watch "B" Internationals as none of them are shown on US TV.