Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cinquanta Re-Elected as President of the ISU

Down With It
    what did she do..?

She was involved with the World Skating Federation.

As the International Sports Court (or whatever it's called) ruled on appeal earlier this year, if you attempt a revolution and fail, you are at the mercy of the victors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    She tried. In 2003 the ISU banned her for life from holding any ISU position.
    What was their reason for banning her? Was this before she was part of the WFS?

If this was after the WFS, then why would she even think of running for Prez?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    What was their reason for banning her? Was this before she was part of the WFS?

If this was after the WFS, then why would she even think of running for Prez?

Joe
    I thought, and i might be wrong, that Stapleford was banned for life for whistleblowing since she was the one who reported on the Legougne confession in SLC. I thought that that was what all the controversy was at the time that the whistelblowers got life and the cheaters got a wrap on the knuckles and a couple of seasons ban. On the back of that i think someone tried to appeal the ban for the whistleblowers and that failed so then they all joined in with the WSF and challenged the ISU...but failed again.

Such is the dictatorship of the ISU.

Ant

Ant - Yes, it is a horrible story regarding Stapleford, a skater and lover of skating to be prevented from participating in her sport for life. But did she ever run for Prez? I don't recall her challenging Speedy before or after whistleblowing.

I kind of like to see her run and win.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Ant - Yes, it is a horrible story regarding Stapleford, a skater and lover of skating to be prevented from participating in her sport for life. But did she ever run for Prez? I don't recall her challenging Speedy before or after whistleblowing.

I kind of like to see her run and win.

Joe
    I don't think she ever did run for president, she was the head of the technical committee or something like that at the time of the SLC scandal.

She's still a bigwig in british skating...not that that helps her try to overthrow the ISU though!

Ant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2