Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Death Threats for Johnny

Custom Title

Death Threats for Johnny

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...s/15107620.htm

There really are some sick people out there

Custom Title
    I don't know if they are sick or just evil.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan
    I don't know if they are sick or just evil.
    Good point. Or perhaps trying to make themselves feel better about their own lives by trying to bring someone else down. How pathetic.

Go Figure!
    Coaching the Psychonettes....oops the one on the end fell again!
    There are sure a lot of loons out there.

Didn't Oksana Baiul get threats also? I maybe unclear here, but I seem to remember vaguely this happening a few years back.

Custom Title
    Dunno about Oksana, but wasn't Kwan being monitored by the FBI in Paris during one Lalique? (Or was it the first Champions series final? ) She'd gotten some pretty ropey fan mail I believe at the time.

Yep It's me!
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate
    Dunno about Oksana, but wasn't Kwan being monitored by the FBI in Paris during one Lalique? (Or was it the first Champions series final? ) She'd gotten some pretty ropey fan mail I believe at the time.
    She did somewhere. I thought it was Germany, but I really don't remember.

Custom Title
    I thought Michelle got some threatening letters early in her career, and it was worst at Worlds that year, but I forget what year...maybe 1996?

Maria B. had some problems, too. Wasn't her car bombed?

It's very strange. Rudy didn't get any threats, so that rules out any 'gay' thing. So who would it be that got upset about his loss? That would rule all the fans of his top competitors who were happy he didn't get a medal. So with which people would want to cut him down figuratively or literally?

Given the seriousness of the accusations, why did he not report all this sooner? He had no problem telling the world his missed the bus in Torino. Was there any further threats for Calgary?

Joe

I should be studying!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    It's very strange. Rudy didn't get any threats, so that rules out any 'gay' thing.
    Joe
    Well, Rudy wasn't national champion competing at the Olympics, either. So he wasn't as widely publicized.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Johnny should have told someone in Turino about the threats. I guess I don't understand why he didn't. I really don't think he used good judgement by not saying anything.

Anyhow, Johnny sets himself up when he says things like:
    His personal phone number is not listed, but his parents' number is.
    Why would you say something like that?? His parents will probably have to get their phone number changed.

I'm confused!!!

Dee

I should be studying!
    The fact that his parents' number is listed is public information. The article did not state that Johnny gave them this information.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsace
    The fact that his parents' number is listed is public information. The article did not state that Johnny gave them this information.
    And if what he says about threats is true, then the parents are going to get phone calls from the threatening ones to pass on to their son. So much for public information.

Joe

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    And if what he says about threats is true, then the parents are going to get phone calls from the threatening ones to pass on to their son. So much for public information.

Joe

What do you mean "if what he says is true" Are you calling him a liar? I think this may explain why Johnny was so quiet during Worlds. He had the back injury, but gave few if any interviews. Now that the news is out, I'm sure there will be investigations.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by mmscfdcsu
    What do you mean "if what he says is true" Are you calling him a liar?
    You seem a bit overprotective of Johnny. Are you a relative?

I think this may explain why Johnny was so quiet during Worlds. He had the back injury, but gave few if any interviews.
    He did do that photoshoot with Kathleen Bangs too, didn't he?

Now that the news is out, I'm sure there will be investigations.
    Surely, the first step for Johnny would have been to report the threats to the police and not to a newspaper. Now all those people sending hate mail and calling his parents will know that they are having an effect.

It does seem a bit strange that it is still going on though. The Olympics have been off the radar for months.

You would think that something that serious would be brought forth to the proper people so he could have been watched and provided proper security. I think that a poor judgement call was made by Johnny himself and his people who are close to him. I don't know, why bring all this up now after so much time has passed since Olympics and Worlds.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast