Minor housekeeping | Golden Skate

Minor housekeeping

Alsace

On the Ice
In the forum jump drop-down menu at the bottom of the threads, Le Cafe has some extra characters, and these are retained in the title bar (of IE) when you jump to it.

Such a nit-picky detail, but we have lots of visitors now from FSU!

Thanks!

Hmm, I never noticed that before. This is the software's attempt at coding the accent mark over the e in the French "cafe" (on my computer it says "&eaccent") That's what we get for trying to be cosmopolitan, LOL.

Do you still get directed to the right page if you click on it?

Does it take you to the right page if you return to it using the IE toolbar dropdown menu? (On my computer it doesn't say "cafe" at all, just /forumdisplay.php?f=10.)

Does it show up correctly (e with an accent) on the main page of the forum?

Mathman.

Alsace

On the Ice
Mathman said:
Hmm, I never noticed that before. This is the software's attempt at coding the accent mark over the e in the French "cafe" (on my computer it says "&eaccent") That's what we get for trying to be cosmopolitan, LOL.

On my computer it says: "Café" It is an acute accent, if I remember correctly!

Mathman said:
Do you still get directed to the right page if you click on it?
Yes

Mathman said:
Does it take you to the right page if you return to it using the IE toolbar dropdown menu? (On my computer it doesn't say "cafe" at all, just /forumdisplay.php?f=10.)

If you mean the one at the bottom of the page (Jump to Forum), yes. It says "Café" there, too.

Mathman said:
Does it show up correctly (e with an accent) on the main page of the forum?
yes

That's why this thread is entitled "minor"! You all did a great job of programming.

Last edited:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alscace,

I just want to say thank you for bringing this to my attention. On my screen, I only see what I should see - Le Café - perhaps it reads different on different browsers. Which are you using?

At any rate, I have taken out the validated HTML and simply used the "é". Please let me know what you see? I try to ensure all code is viewable in Opera, IE, and Netscape.

Such a nit-picky detail, but we have lots of visitors now from FSU!

What's this got to do with anything?

Alsace

On the Ice
gsk8 said:
Which are you using?
IE running on Windows 2000 Professional.

gsk8 said:
At any rate, I have taken out the validated HTML and simply used the "é". Please let me know what you see? I try to ensure all code is viewable in Opera, IE, and Netscape.

I see it correctly, now. Thanks!

gsk8 said:
What's this got to do with anything?

Just a lame joke that you get all your housekeeping perfect when neighbors come to visit.