Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Barbaro Update

Rinkside

Barbaro Update

For those who are interested, I thought I'd bring the Barbaro Updates to Goldenskates until FSU is up and running again.

Apparently, Sunday night was a good night for him. He's still doing well, with stable vital signs. I'll keep an eye on anything that changes.

Good Horse... ( sad to see there's no Saint smilie )

Thanks for bringing over the Barbaro updates. I know there are some GS posters who are fans of horse racing, so I think (hope) there will be interest here as well.

Good Horse

Tripping on the Podium
    That's great. I've been watching him since the Preakness. He's overcome so much - I just hope he makes it all the way back. {fingers crossed}

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    I feel kind of close to Barbaro right now - I have been sick for about two months. I hope he pulls through. Thanks for the update.

This came up out of curiosity, ad I hate to see any animal suffer - pain is relative.
    I heard that the proceeds from the ultimate mint Julep ($1000) served at the Kentucky Derby goes to the retired hoses foundation - or something along those lines?

Tripping on the Podium
    That's good! I thought things were probably fine, since there haven't been any updates on the news here.

Ladskater, I hope you feel better soon.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaniBu
    This came up out of curiosity, ad I hate to see any animal suffer - pain is relative.
    I heard that the proceeds from the ultimate mint Julep ($1000) served at the Kentucky Derby goes to the retired hoses foundation - or something along those lines?
    That's true, Seanibu. Here's the story

[url]http://www.brown-forman.com/brand_news/Brand_News%20Current/060501%20WR%20Mint%20Julep.htm[/url]

Rinkside
    Good horse, and good skipaway for giving updates.

Tripping on the Podium
    Ladskater: so sorry to hear you have been sick for all that time. I hope you are recovering and feeling better.

Rinkside
    Barbaro had a "comfy night" and slept well last night. He's still in stable but serious condition.

Good Horse...

Quote Originally Posted by milanessa
    That's true, Seanibu. Here's the story

[url]http://www.brown-forman.com/brand_news/Brand_News%20Current/060501%20WR%20Mint%20Julep.htm[/url]
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown-Forman Brand News
    With one-of-a-kind ingredients, including a personal selection of Woodford Reserve bourbon, mint from Morocco, sugar from the South Pacific and Arctic water, this exotic cocktail will be presented in a gold-plated cup and keepsake case. A limited supply of mint juleps, 50 in total, will be produced, and a select number of these will be available for pre-order. All proceeds from the mint julep sales will go to Green Pastures, a non-profit organization which benefits retired thoroughbreds.
    Glad to hear Barbaro is still "hanging in there." I hope there is no pain for the guy.

Rinkside
    Here is today's update from NBC:

[url]http://www.vet.upenn.edu/newsandevents/news/Barbaro_Update7-26.htm[/url]

He had his Left Hind bandage changed yesterday and it looks as good as can be expected. Also, his bloodwork looks good too.

Good Horse.....

Tripping on the Podium
    July 28: still stable. [url]http://www.vet.upenn.edu/newsandevents/news/Barbaro_Update7-28.htm[/url]
    Next update on Aug 1

Still apparently good news...[url]http://www.vet.upenn.edu/newsandevents/news/Barbaro_Update8-9.htm[/url]
    He's a Stud!

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Three cheers for Barbaro. This is great news indeed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast