Barbaro Update | Golden Skate

Barbaro Update

skipaway

Rinkside
For those who are interested, I thought I'd bring the Barbaro Updates to Goldenskates until FSU is up and running again.

Apparently, Sunday night was a good night for him. He's still doing well, with stable vital signs. I'll keep an eye on anything that changes.

Good Horse...:thumbsup: ( sad to see there's no Saint smilie )

guinevere

Final Flight
Thanks for bringing over the Barbaro updates. I know there are some GS posters who are fans of horse racing, so I think (hope) there will be interest here as well.

Good Horse :agree:

Mevrouw

Rinkside
That's great. I've been watching him since the Preakness. He's overcome so much - I just hope he makes it all the way back. {fingers crossed}

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I feel kind of close to Barbaro right now - I have been sick for about two months. I hope he pulls through. Thanks for the update.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
This came up out of curiosity, ad I hate to see any animal suffer - pain is relative.
I heard that the proceeds from the ultimate mint Julep ($1000) served at the Kentucky Derby goes to the retired hoses foundation - or something along those lines?

ChelleC

Rinkside
That's good! I thought things were probably fine, since there haven't been any updates on the news here.

Ladskater, I hope you feel better soon.

Mevrouw

Rinkside
Ladskater: so sorry to hear you have been sick for all that time. I hope you are recovering and feeling better.

skipaway

Rinkside
Barbaro had a "comfy night" and slept well last night. He's still in stable but serious condition.

Good Horse...:thumbsup:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
milanessa said:

Thanks!
Brown-Forman Brand News said:
With one-of-a-kind ingredients, including a personal selection of Woodford Reserve bourbon, mint from Morocco, sugar from the South Pacific and Arctic water, this exotic cocktail will be presented in a gold-plated cup and keepsake case. A limited supply of mint juleps, 50 in total, will be produced, and a select number of these will be available for pre-order. All proceeds from the mint julep sales will go to Green Pastures, a non-profit organization which benefits retired thoroughbreds.

Glad to hear Barbaro is still "hanging in there." I hope there is no pain for the guy.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
:thumbsup: Three cheers for Barbaro. This is great news indeed.