The Golden Skate/FSU Trivia challenge | Page 3 | Golden Skate

The Golden Skate/FSU Trivia challenge

It's not just you. This is so arcane - it's MM-njhockeyfan level. I'm way out of my league, stuck at 6 (and relieved it's that high) and keeping my pseudonym till I improve.

I did get my speed up but if I just don't know the stuff....

antmanb

Record Breaker
Just done the quizz today and was perplexed by the question about who was the first man or woman to ever complete a 3lp/3lp combination...the answer it gives is Tara Lipinski, but i'm almost 100% sure that Eric Millot from France landed a 3lp/3lp well before tara ever did and i think Dan hollander might have done also. Anyone know for sure?

Ant

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Second quiz and I have to trust those first instincts! I could have had 8 again opposed to 5 again, this is the second time same result. I don't care how many times I hear it will I ever learn. First Instincts!:banging:

Last edited:

mmscfdcsu

On the Ice
I've now posted the link over at FSU as well. I will keep the figure skating catagory for another week or two. There are certainly some strange questions.:rofl:

mmscfdcsu

On the Ice
Yay Chelle 1917 :rock:

Hall of Fame
Top 5 players at the end of each month will be written into the hall of fame, forever!

Jul 06

72 players played during the month.

1. Chelle1917 (101 points, 0 wins)
2. Lili (100 points, 0 wins)
3. Johnny! (96 points, 1 wins)
4. JWe (95 points, 0 wins)
5. mmscfdcsu (92 points, 0 wins)
6. SevenCostanza (74 points, 0 wins)
7. Art E. Choke (65 points, 1 wins)
8. Tugba (64 points, 0 wins)
9. Evan (64 points, 1 wins)
10. Your Mom! (63 points, 0 wins)

Vash01

Medalist
In the latest challenge the question "who was the first skater to land a 3loop-3loop combination" does not include Eric Milot. I think he may have been the first one to land this (certainly before Tara).

antmanb

Record Breaker
Vash01 said:
In the latest challenge the question "who was the first skater to land a 3loop-3loop combination" does not include Eric Milot. I think he may have been the first one to land this (certainly before Tara).

I asked a similar question a few days ago - and also i believe dan hollander did too - i can't seem to be able to challenge the answer though.

Ant

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I personally have no problem with the ICE DANCE questions, but even a big of a fan as I am of Dubreil & Lauzon -- some of the questions about them are coming dangerously close to "Only Someone Who Has Been Stalking Them and Pathologically Watching Their Videotapes Over And Over And Over Again Would Know This....":laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

mmscfdcsu

On the Ice
What a fine bunch of figure skating experts we are. 29 people have played this game today and we have only 1 perfect score:rofl:

mmscfdcsu

On the Ice
Thanks. It is a shame. It was fun having the two Boards play together. It seems that the idiot with the oh so boring posts as "ESTA" had nothing better to do than kill something that was fun for so many.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
mmscfdcsu said:
"ESTA" had nothing better to do than kill something that was fun for so many.
What the heck does that mean anyway, I think I got the ES, but the rest? Sounds like some one needs to sit in the naughty chair, all day! Or they didn't enough growing up, acutely it sounds like they are not grown up.

You know that really is bugging me now, I felt like playing. Is there a way that the little IM thing just isn't running? Was that the only problem?

Anyhoo, I know I was not so good at it, but it was fun and educational entertainment.

Could the Forum Host something like that to only registered users? Maybe there is some way that it could work like Gmail, only invitations get you in?

Thanks for what you did for me / us mmscfdcsu, that was a nice break once and a while.