Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Foods You Hate

Rinkside
    ITA agree PL. I also hate fruit flavored chocolate. Chocolate raspberry has to be the worst. Chocolate orange is pretty bad too. Now candied ginger in chocolate I love.

Rinkside
    Bwaahh... you go girl! Although I am partial to fruit and chocolate, there is nothing like a mass of chocolate sitting on your plate...oozing chocolatey goodness..

Coleslaw: hate it.
    Riz de veaux/sweetbreads: beyond vile
    Blood sausage: 'nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard
    Fruit on my chocolate dessert. I mean, really, why ruin my lovely chocolate cake by putting something healthy near it? If I wanted a healthy dessert, I would've ordered the fruit cup. But I didn't. I ordered the Great Wall of Chocolate, dammit, because I wanted CHOCOLATE.

Yep It's me!
    I like caramel on my chocolate.

I usually pour caramel sauce over my chocolate cake.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by lash
    I also hate fruit flavored chocolate. Chocolate raspberry has to be the worst. Chocolate orange is pretty bad too. Now candied ginger in chocolate I love.
    You are a tasteless cretin , chocolate and rasberry are an orgasmic combination.

That being said, I repeat that chocolate in and of and by itself is lovely.

eggs except hard boiled whites

oatmeal........slimy gross paste with texture....screw the health benefits

soggy anything...............piecrusts, cereal yuk,yuk,yuk

cooked spinach.......I'm with Sean here love it raw hate it cooked

baked potatoes that are not hot out of the oven.....after a few minutes they taste funky

tea of any kind...........I have tried, I love the idea of having tea, heck I live in the almost South, can barely stomach a cup of Constant Comment hot but that's as far as this gal goes, and as for herbal teas.......grass clippings flavored with bad koolaid

oysters, mussels........those who love them do know what that black stuff is don't you??????

surimi (fake shellfish)..........taste like poached rubberbands

milk that isn't either hot or on ice....nothing in between

softdrinks that aren't REALLY sparkly

lettuce on hot sandwiches

peanut butter & jelly together.......why

fake cheese......velveeta, nacho sauce whatever you call it...... just say NO

crawfish........sorry to all you cajun chefs but once you have disected something that has been "marinated' in formaldehyde it just doesn't make it's way back to the menu

meatloaf or casseroles where the ingrediants are not very obvious......one person's daily special is another's offering to the disposal, IMO

anything overcooked

brains, tripe, tonque, snails, and any other just plain strange stuff from any culture......snake blood, monkey brains, insects, eel, fish heads, snake, rodent, catfish, carp, pigeon, dove, goat, sheeps eyeballs, alligator, you get the idea

other that that I'm up for anything
    Last edited by Piel; 07-25-2006 at 07:09 PM.

Down With It
    PICKLES (wouldn't touch with a 100-ft pole. They also smell like ****, imo of course)
    Cole Slaw (like another poster)
    ZUCCHINI (makes me gag for some reason)
    MAYONNAISE- that stuff is simply disgusting IMO. Can't even say what I think it tastes like or reminds me of here. Actually, any kind of condiment, but this is the worst.

Custom Title
    I hate:

Brussel Sprouts
    Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie (Why bother ruining such a lovely dish? )
    Salami
    Gatorade

I like or can bear everything else.

Go Figure!
    Coaching the Psychonettes....oops the one on the end fell again!
    Shellfish, lobster, crab, etc

Bacon, sausage, ham, and pork. Everyone else in my family loves the stuff, I have hated it since I could remember...blech!

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Quote Originally Posted by guinevere

Nuts in brownies, cookies, cake (any baked goods), or ice cream. I like most nuts. I love baked goods and ice cream. I hate them together. I also don't care for chunky peanut butter, but I can deal with it if necessary.
    ITA, I'm exactly the same way. It is extremely irritating to me to be eating otherwise perfectly good ice cream and baked goods and have to pick those stupid nut pieces out of it. It's the culinary equivalent of driving along a perfectly smooth road until you hit five miles of speed bumps.....

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I eat most stuff, but some combinations of things really turn me off.

I like green beans and potatoes by themselves, but can't stand them in any kind of tomato based sauce (and my Italian mother in law used to make things like this all the time).

Instant mashed potatoes.

Most sweetened drinks. Most sodas, sweet tea, sweet coffee...I gag on it.

Canned peas and canned spinach

Peanut butter on a sandwich without jelly. Too dry. I can't swallow it.

Medalist
    Back home where just living is my 'reality show'
    Okay...at first glance, I thought the thread title was *fools* you hate. I could have had a heyday with that one!

So it's food...I *hate* (despise, can't stand, gag) brussels sprouts. I've hated them since I was wee little and mother used to force us to eat them. I'm serious -- the smell made me gag.

Something else I have no desire to try at all is sauerkraut -- it just looks bad.

Other than that, I'll eat just about anything...

I don't eat red meat, lamb, rabbit, etc.--poor little creatures who would otherwise be enjoying their simple lives. Just the thought of eating veal or the cruelty of how that particular animal is treated, torn from its Mother, makes me want to cry.

I don't eat pork or shellfish and I eat very little chicken or turkey--and given how I feel about animals, my goal is to give them up completely.

Allergic to a lot of tropical fruits: bananas, cherries, mango & a few more. Otherwise, I love all other fruit.

Now, about foods I cannot stand: Asparagus, okra, cooked spinach (but I could eat an entire bag of it uncooked) and brussel sprouts. Don't know why. I like pretty much all other vegetables, although a lot of them I do prefer uncooked (e.g. broccoli, cauliflower--LOVE these uncooked).

Whipped or instant potatoes: gross. I like mashed potatoes as long as they're on the hard side.

Runny eggs--any egg that jiggles at me wetly. Just the thought of eating a sunny side up egg makes me ill.

Since my big weight loss, I don't drink sodas anymore. Had a couple of sips of diet coke, even THAT tastes too sweet for me. Also, since the weight loss, anything with a lot of sodium tastes terrible to me (e.g. a lot of processed foods).
    Last edited by RealtorGal; 07-25-2006 at 10:20 PM.

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    I'm not that picky, actually.

Of course, I'm not too fond of any kind of innards, but that's just decency

But I DO abhore anchovies! Had them on a greek salad. Put one in my mouth and bleh. Ruined my whole meal. lol

I don't hate pork, but I try to stay away from eating it. There must be a reason why it's not kosher.

Eggs other than Scambled or Omelettes and Mac & Cheese and Tuna Salad. I think it's because I don't like the smell of hard boiled eggs and the Mac & Cheese and Tuna Salad. Never liked it as a child and the smell just signals 'nasty' to me. Oh - and Liver - never liked the taste.

I'm a lot less picky as an adult. As a kid, I wouldn't eat anything with mayo or cream based (ie. chowder). I like chowder now and if there's just a light layer of Mayo, I'm ok with it.

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RealtorGal
    I don't eat red meat, lamb, rabbit, etc.--poor little creatures who would otherwise be enjoying their simple lives. Just the thought of eating veal or the cruelty of how that particular animal is treated, torn from its Mother, makes me want to cry.
    Amen sista!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast