Foods You Hate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Foods You Hate

ChelleC

Rinkside
RoaringMice said:
- Thousand Island and Blue Cheese dressings. Lumpy dressings are NOT my friend.

Just curious, do you like Italian dressing? I've noticed in my family people who like Italian do not like Thousand Island and vice versa.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am not really a picky eater but I refuse to eat anything that slithers.

Dee

Numbers Cruncher

Rinkside
Gross foods

I hate sauerkraut - as a kid I saw it being made, nasty bubbling, fermenting pile of cabbage, yuck! Had to gag down many a spoonful of that stuff, now it's not allowed in my house, ah the pleasures of adulthood!:clap:

No one has mentioned that northern midwest delicacy - lutefisk! Talk about a nasty pile of stuff, white fish soaked in lye until it resembles a gellatinous sea creature left out in the sun way too long. Serve that up with some fine mashed rutabagas and some white bread, maybe add some colby cheese for spice, yum!

Beets - no food that's that color should be eaten - you could use them to dye fabric.

It's so cool to have the fsu folk here, it's like a retirement home just got visited by a circus, way fun.

NC

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Root Beer
Sweetened drinks - coke, sprite, etc.
Pop corn
Cake with blue icing
Scones
Muffins
Pizza (unless we're talking real Italian pizza)
Doughnuts

Hmm, I guess I just listed most of the American classics...

I will, though, eat most "exotic" foods. Love Mexican grasshopers, French snails - you name it. Two things I refused to eat, though - guinea pig and wild cat.

megsk8z

On the Ice
I am amazed at the number of people that don't like Miracle Whip/mayo. Count me among them. Also I don't like liver. Of any sort. Double ick.
Don't like fried eggs. Am not going to eat anything that stares at me while I try to consume it.
Peas. My mom said I couldn't go to a friend's house unless I finished them and of course I dawdled around until her parents came, then I tried to eat them all at once. Um, they didn't stay down and I will never, ever eat a pea again. I pick them out of everything.
Black eyed peas. Triple ick. Terrible texture. Too much time in Arkansas as a kid, I guess, where they made you clean your plate.
Butter beans. Same thing...............wrong texture.
Any tomato that isn't totally pureed. Fresh tomatoes have the same texture to me as a wet sneeze.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Numbers Cruncher said:
It's so cool to have the fsu folk here, it's like a retirement home just got visited by a circus, way fun.

NC

Huh????????????????? Not sure what you mean here. Please explain.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
megsk8z said:
Any tomato that isn't totally pureed. Fresh tomatoes have the same texture to me as a wet sneeze.

EUW!! When you put it THAT way, I'm not sure that I ever want to eat another raw tomato, either.... :laugh:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Ptichka said:
Cake with blue icing

Hmm, I guess I just listed most of the American classics...

Cake with BLUE icing is NOT an American classic.... :laugh:

But I know what you mean. I think those icing colors operate under the same principle as oil paints; different colors are made of different things and the blue is ALWAYS nasty. And the red isn't much better.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Melon! I hate melon, most of them taste like armpitt. Watermelon I do enjoy from time to time as it does a good job of cooling you off.

Over-ripe bananas. I want them as green as possible. I know this makes me strange, but I have always felt they were too sugary.

Cake Frosting from a can. Too sweet, hate how it hardens up on the cake. Gross. Mom used to frost my birthday cakes with cool whip.

milk chocolate. let me preface that I think all chocolate is great... but dark chocolate is soooooo much better that milk chocolate seems like a real waste.

Plain yogurt.

I'm surprised how many of peoples most hated foods fall on the list of my favorites. maybe I'm a freak? But I loveeee seafood and veggies in particular.

Arianne

On the Ice
I HATE macaroni and cheese! The thought of it makes me gag.

I hate salad dressing, mayo, ketchup, mustard, salad creme, butter, sour cream, anchovies, liver, and fish eyes.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I've heard a couple of comments about tasting like armpit, what is so bad about armpit, I like the taste of sweat from the source myself :p :laugh:

heyang

Record Breaker
SeaniBu said:
I've heard a couple of comments about tasting like armpit, what is so bad about armpit, I like the taste of sweat from the source myself :p :laugh:

LOL - my 6 yr old nephew claims that stuff that he doesn't like 'tastes like armpits'. I don't know where he picked that up from - his Mom & Dad don't know either.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
It might be quicker just to list the foods I DON'T hate! I have been insanely picky ever since I was a tiny tot, and I don't expect that that will change any time soon.

The one veggie I can not swallow is that popular Southern vegetable that is like slimy okra for me. and Cajun cooking doesn't hide the slime.

76olympics

On the Ice
From infancy: MAYONNAISE!

I feel ill just looking at the word. Sometimes, I got my sister's sandwich by mistake and I cannot describe the intense nausea! The smell!!!!

This bias is known throughout my family causing all sorts of recipe alterations! At least, it isn't nutritious!

On the nutritious side, I am not a fan of brussel sprouts or cauliflower-the evil brother of broccoli!

Jhar55

Medalist
Picky eater here also, like most green veggies, liver, not much on fish, chinese :no: . Also much eaiser to list what I will eat not what I wouldn't.
My one main rule of thumb if it doesn't look good I am not eating it.

Turandot

Rinkside
The following I will never eat:

Coleslaw
Raisans
Cottage Cheese
Dark Chocolate
Watermelon (but I do like watermelon artificial flavoring)
Horse Radish
Cucumbers
Fish (except tuna, cod, and salmon)
Dried fruit
Chinese Food
Veal

The following I will eat with specifications:
American cheese (only as grilled cheese or on an egg and cheese sandwich)
Sausage (only boiled)
Pasta (VERY rarely, like, I have to be very hungry and there must be ricotta and parmesian cheese)
Mayonnaise (ONLY mixed in tuna salad or chicken salad)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
eggs
sauerkraut
mayo (I'll only use it minimally, to hold tuna fish together.)